21. First Love

"Ye-jun honey...can't you finish your college here and then leave?" Mrs. Choi Kaitlyn asked.

"Annio...Miss Kaitlyn. I need to go back to my eomma and noona. Plus, I am being paid for this. Can you even imagine? I am going to be a trainer at Haneul Sports Academy!" Ye-jun exclaimed.

"Aww my son...but if you go to your eomma, who is gonna look after me?" Mrs. Kaitlyn pouted.

"Miss Kaitlyn don't worry, I will meet you once in every two months. And what are video calls for?"
With this he hugged his step mom.

Mrs. Kaitlyn was Mr. Choi's second wife. But she was a nice lady. She was there for her step son in his tough times. She fulfilled her responsibilities of a mom. Ye-jun was her only son. She was sad that he was leaving but she wished the best for him.

Ye-jun was done packing his luggage. He sighed as he sat on the couch.
"Finally I will meet her. " He smiled.

~Flashback~

It was the day Ye-jun was supposed to leave with his father. He was sitting at his favourite spot watching sunset when she came and sat beside him. His very first love.

"Yah Ye-jun! Don't be sad. We will be calling you everyday." Yeona said.

"Nae...but things will no longer be the same..." He tried to control his tears but couldn't.

A tear trickled down his cheek.

"Yah! Look here..." Yeona made him face her.
She held him by his cheeks, wiped the tears and said "Ye-jun I know you are sad. I am sad too. I will miss you like anything... You are my best friend besides Eunji...but if you don't fight, you can never really win... right?"

He held her hand and said "Nae..."

Both of them stared at the setting sun as the sky showed varying patterns of colors.

Ye-jun looked at her face. She was beautiful. It was time he finally told her.

" Yeona...lets date."

"Huh?" Yeona was confused.

"Lets date. Lets be more than friends. Lets have a long distance relationship."

Yeona scoffed.

"Mwo?" He asked.

"Anni...is it the time to joke?" Yeona laughed trying to lighten the situation.

"Andwae! I am not! I have always liked you. Now that its time to leave...I can't help but try it..."

"Yah! Ye-jun...you know I like someone else."

"Yes...my love rival...your oppa. Kim Taehyung. But he doesn't even know you exist..." Ye-jun frowned.

"Yah! Yah! Aish! Stop it...let it feel real for once. I know he will never know me but...still." Yeona smiled. So did he.

They were quiet for a while when Ye-jun said "Yeona?"

"Mwo?"

"If you don't get your Kim Taehyung...I will be your backup!"

"Whoa! Good luck on that!" She patted his shoulders.

They kept looking at the sun till it finally vanished.