thirty eight

"Join me, in building my lego death star." Peter and Tal turn around at Ned.

"No way! That's awesome!" Peter says, but then looks around.

The duo were chatting at Peter's locker when Ned came up to them.

"How many pieces?" The girl asks.

"3,803."

"That's insane!" Tal says with a large smile.

"I know! Wanna build it tonight?"

"I can't."

"I can't."

Tal and Peter send each other a knowing look while Ned groans.

"Stark Internship?" Ned asks.

The duo both nod, sending apologetic glances at their friend.

"Man, you guys always got that internship."

"Yeah, well hopefully soon it'll turn into a real job." Pete says.

Talia purses her lips, opting not to respond.

"That would be so sweet," Ned starts. Talia tunes them both out as they talk about jobs.

They've been in school for a couple weeks, the only talk being the upcoming homecoming game and dance.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

"Okay, so how do we calculate linear acceleration between point A and point B? Flash?"

Talia sighs from where she sits next to Peter. As usual, he's listening while she's not.

"The product of sine of the angle and gravity divided by the mass."

"Nope! Anyone else? Peter! You still with us?"

Talia resists the urge to roll her eyes as she looks over at Peter's computer which is playing a Youtube video of Spiderman.

"Uh-uh, yeah...yeah! Uh, mass cancels out so it's just gravity times sine."

I have no fucking idea what we're doing. Tal sends to Peter.

Maybe you should pay attention. He sends her a smile.

Not my style.

"See Flash, being the fastest isn't always the best."

Tal watches Flash turn towards Peter and mouths "You're dead." to him. The girl rolls her eyes at Flash's jealousy.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

"Did Liz get a new top?"

Peter and Tal turn towards Ned, who's staring very obviously at Liz Allen hanging the Homecoming banner.

"No, I've seen her wear it before." Tal says as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

"But not with that skirt." Ned states.

"You idiots should probably stop staring before it gets weird." Tal says while laughing.

"Too late. You guys are losers." Tal turns to the voice of none other than MJ.

"I'm not a loser, that's all them." The girl says with a smile.