thirty nine

Talia stands at the entry way to the alley, watching Peter scramble to get into his Spidey suit.

Seeming as he must have forgotten she was there, he pulls his pants down and throws his shirt off.

"I like your boxers." She calls out, watching him freeze.

"No looking!"

"I've seen you in a bathing suit!" She yells at him.

He sends her a look over his shoulder while he frantically pulls up his suit. As he starts to leave, he turns to her.

"Think you could catch up with me?"

"Obviously," she says while hiding her backpack behind a dumpster. "What do you think I've been doing these past months."

"Don't be seen, Tal."

"I'm not an amateur, Spidey."

As Peter takes off, Talia leaps into the air...flying if you will. Using her abilities to propel her into the air. She runs across the rooftops, jumping from each one as she watches Peter take a bike from someone.

She leans over the edge.

"Is this anyone's bike?! Hey buddy, is this your bike? Does uh, does anyone have a pen?"

Talia rolls her eyes as she watches Peter leave a note, as if that would stop someone from stealing the bike.

The duo make their way past a bridge, Tal staying in the shadows until they sit down on the top of a train.

"Do you know how much exercise I get when we do this shit?" Tal says while fanning her face.

Her hair's pulled back into a braid, her face sticky with sweat.

"I'm gonna have to start bringing a change of clothes for this after school shit."

"I don't know why you haven't already done that."

"Well it wasn't that warm the last two weeks."

"It's hot today. My suit has air conditioning."

"Not all of us have access to a suit."

"You could always steal it."

"You're not wrong."

The duo leap off the train, making their way on top of another building. Talia leans against the flag pole on the roof, catching her breath.

"Hey!" The girl immediately drops down to the floor, making sure to not be seen. "You're that spider guy on Youtube! Right?" Some person calls down from the street.

"Call me Spiderman!" Pete yells back.

"Okay Spiderman! Do a flip!"

Tal smiles as she watches Pete do a flip.

"Yeah!" The person yells.

The duo make their way around town, Peter swinging here and there, giving directions to an elderly lady. Talia sitting on the edge of the water tower while Peter does flips on a tightrope made out of his webbing.

"If you fall I'm gonna laugh!"

"Yeah, yeah I know you would."

They move to a neighborhood, Talia watching from high up in a tree as Peter webs a guy's face and slams it into the roof.

"Hey buddy, you shouldn't steal cars."

"It's my car dumbass!"

Talia giggles.

"Hey! Shut that off!" A woman yells from the nearby building.

"I was just trying to—he uh."

"Come on dude!" Another guy yells.

Time to go Pete.

"Don't make me come down there you punk!" Another man yells.

"Hey, Harry! How ya doin'?" The woman yells across the way.

"Margery! How are ya? How's your mother?"

Pete...

Finally he listens to the girl. As Talia flies low, she watches as Peter completely wipes out on a rooftop. Talia cackles with laughter.

"I'm good! I'm good!"

"Wish I got that on camera!"

As the sun starts to set, the two head over to another building where Pete will make his daily call to Happy. They stop first in the alley, Peter grabbing his sub and then make their way to a fire escape overlooking the sunset.

"Hey Happy! Um here's my report for the day, I stopped a grand theft bicycle, couldn't find the owner so I left a note, um, I helped this lost old lady, she was really nice she bought me a churro, Tal and I shared. I'm just um, feeling like I could be doing more. You know, curious when our next real mission's gonna be. So yeah just call me back, it's Peter...Parker."

"I'm pretty sure Happy knows who you are." Tal says while swinging her feet.

"Ugh, why would I tell him about the churro?"

"I would tell him about the churro. It was a good churro."

Peter fiddles with something on his web shooter, and yelps when it falls off. Tal watches as he reaches out to get it, standing on the side of the railing. She sees his attention turn to a corner bank.

"Finally something good. Come on Tal. You can watch."

"That's all I ever do anymore." She mutters before trailing after him.

She watches through a window as Peter just waltzes right into the bank. She can't hear them so she watches as they turn towards the boy in red. He webs them and she sees that they're wearing Avengers masks. Talia giggles as Peter punches them and flings them across the bank. But she cringes as one man holds a different weapon, that suspends Peter in the air and throws him into a wall.

She hesitates, wanting to go in and help. But there are cameras...ATM's and all. So she's stuck on the outside.

She turns away as Peter is flung up and down. He kicks a man into the wall, Tal flinches back as the glass cracks. She looks around and luckily, the street is empty.

Talia watches as a man shoots another weapon, but it goes through the glass and through Mr Delmar's shop across the street. Without thinking, Talia runs across faster than ever right into the fire. She'll survive, but Mr Delmar might not.

She's frantic as she searches for him. She runs to the back of the store, finding him trapped behind a wall of fire. Talia reaches out a hand and forces the fire to make a walkway, she extends a hand for Mr Delmar, who stares at her with wide eyes.

"Come on dude! I know I know, we can talk about it later."

She grabs Mr Delmar, and hauls him outside the shop, diverting the fire everywhere she needs to. Peter catches up with them and takes over. "Don't tell anyone." She murmurs to the man.

Tal! Get outta here you can't be seen.

Take care of him.

She turns and pushes off into the air, landing on a nearby roof. Talia stalls for a minute, but then quickly grabs her backpack from the alley and heads home to Avengers Tower.