seven

"Chamber of Secrets is my favorite."

Talia jerks back, a hand on her chest. "Who the fuck has Chamber of Secrets as their favorite Harry Potter film. Ned sweetie, are you okay?"

Talia, Peter, and Ned sit at their usual table for lunch, arguing over their favorite Harry Potter films.

"Fine then, what's yours?"

"Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire obviously."

Ned rolls his eyes from across her. "You only like those cause that's when the actors hit puberty."

"No, I mean that helps, but those two have two of the best storylines. Deathly Hallows is also really good. Maybe I have no favorite, maybe I like them all. Or maybe I just have ones that I dislike, instead of having a favorite, I have my least favorite. How's that?"

"I like the Half Blood Prince."

"No one asked Peter." Talia says as she keeps her gaze on Ned.

Since she started at Midtown in February, Talia found herself getting closer and closer to Ned and Peter. She found herself some friends and that was something that Talia wouldn't take for granted.

"This is a conversation between Leeds and I."

"Ohh gotcha." He holds in hands out in mock surrender and Tal rolls her eyes.

"So what's your least favorite then?"

"Prob—"

"Hey James! Why do you sit with those losers?" A loud voice that can only be none other than Flash sounds from behind Talia.

She rolls her eyes and turns around so she faces him. "Those losers are my friends, so I guess that makes me a loser too."

"Oh come on, just come sit with me at my table." He grins and Talia grimaces.

"No."

He takes a step closer to her, and Tal ignores the way that Peter sidles closer to her. "Come on, just one day?"

"No means no Flash. Stop being a whiny bitch and leave me alone."

With that she turns back around to face a wide eyed Ned.

"Where was I? Oh, my least favorite is probably Chamber of Secrets or the Sorcerer's Stone."

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Spy Girl: Sorry for late notice, something came up so you have to walk home.

Talia groans as she walks next to Peter Parker on their way out of the school.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, my sister can't get me so I have to walk home."

"Oh...I could see if maybe Aunt May's off of work or—"

"Pete I'm pretty sure I can walk a few extra blocks to get home." She looks over, smiling. "Thanks for the offer though."

Peter gives her a small grin in return before waving bye and turning in the opposite direction. Talia sighs and starts her walk to Avengers Tower.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

She was ten minutes into her walk when she felt someone watching her. Talia was only another fifteen minutes away from the Tower, near a small bagel place when she felt it. Almost like a sixth sense, when you know someone has their eyes on you.

She pauses, looking right and left for someone. Finding nothing she turns around, only seeing a few stray people along the sidewalks. She huffs and starts walking again.

The girl looks over her shoulder every few seconds, she just knows that there's someone following her.

Talia hears a little clang, something hitting metal, and she turns to her left, looking up at the brick building next to her. There's an alley way containing emergency exits and such. She takes a step in and looks up, meeting the face of a familiar friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

Talia resists the urge to start laughing and contains herself with a smile.

"You're the Spiderling!"

The masked boy in front of her adjusts himself so that he sits on one of the fire escapes, legs dangling off. She tilts her head to the side as she takes in his "suit".

"It's Spiderman actually."

"My bad," The girl blushes a little at always getting the name wrong. "I'm uh, not so good with names sometimes, my memory's shot."

"What are you doing walking all alone out here?"

"My ride was busy. You uh, you do realize that half the city walks around on their own right?"

Spiderman huffs out a breath before scratching the back of his neck.

"I just meant—you walked into a dark alley unarmed. It's sort of dangerous to be doing that, what if I was a mugger?"

"Who said I was unarmed?" Talia can't help herself and so she smirks up at him. "And if you were a mugger, I'd beat the crap out of you until you were unconscious, and then I would leave."

"You can do that?" He asks, and Tal can tell by the tone of his voice that he doesn't believe her.

"I take karate or whatever."

"How does that make you armed?"

The girl rolls her eyes as she reaches into the front pocket of her bag and pulls out her trusty knife. It's a simple thing, a normal throwing knife, but it's her favorite, gifted to her by Natasha. It also has her initials engraved into it: T.J.

"I have a knife."

"Why do you carry a knife around?"

"Why do you wear goggles? The world is a confusing place my friend." She smiles as she starts walking backwards. "Now don't be a creep Spidey, no following me or maybe I'll stab you."

She gives the man costumed in red a final glance before finishing her walk back to the Tower, ready for another grueling training session.