fifty one

Peter: does Karen record everything I do?

Talia reads the text three times as she walks home from school.

Talia: Yes why?

Peter: That's an invasion of privacy.
Peter: WHY IS IT CALLED THE BABY MONITOR PROTOCOL?

Talia: Tony likes his protocols. Why are you so worried? Are you watching stuff that you shouldn't be? LOL

Peter: What? No. Just like my privacy is all.

Talia: Sureeeeeee.
Talia: Might have to hack into your suit and watch you doing impressions of the Avengers again.

Peter: TAL!!!!! INVASION OF PRIVACY!!!

Talia: Your Thor impression was good I must say.

Peter: Why can't I hack into your suit?

Talia: My suit isn't powered by technology.

Peter: Whatever, no fair.

Talia pockets her phone and continues on her way home.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

"Talia."

The girl freezes as Tony's voice sounds near her as she gets off the elevator.

"Or should I call you Eden? As that's what's circulating in the media."

Talia turns to meet her father's stare from where he sits at the small kitchen table.

"Whatever you prefer, Tony."

"Don't get smart with me, you're in big trouble."

"I know. When's the conference?"

"Tomorrow."

"Okay...I got homework so I'm just gonna...walk away now."

She hears Tony sigh as she walks to her room. She spends a good hour on her homework, groaning at her bored-ness. She heads out to the kitchen for a snack...but freezes when she hears her dad's voice from the living area.

"Mr Parker, gotta sec? Nice work in DC, my dad never really gave me a lotta support and I was trying to break that circle of shame. Don't cut me off when I'm complimenting you. Anyway, great things are about to happen—what is that? That's odd...Happy told me you quit band six weeks ago. What's up? Hey!"

"What's going on...?" Tal asks as she grabs some cereal.

"Did Parker quit band?"

"Yes."

"Hmm. Interesting. Do you know where he is?"

She shrugs. "Probably Spiderman-ing. That's usually what he does after school."

"Hmm."

"Why?"

"Just wondering. How's your stomach? And your head?"

"Stomach's fine...just sore when I move certain ways. I'll probably be fine by tomorrow with the accelerated healing. Heads fine too."

"Good, that's good. Uh, I gotta go do something, but later we can come up with a game plan for the conference tomorrow."

"I don't need a game plan."

He sighs. "Is this a joke to you?"

"No. But I have a backup plan."