thirty two

It was finally Peter's birthday, and the girl was excited for what she had in store for him. The past week was filled with interesting dreams of old memories resurfacing, training, and work. She tried to avoid thinking about her real past at all times, she doesn't want to be put back in that very disturbing place.

So, she keeps busy.

After grabbing Peter's favorite sub from Mr Delmar's, she started making her way to his apartment. It was early and Peter was sure to be sleeping still.

She swiftly climbed the fire escape of his apartment building, and reached his window. Surprisingly, Peter was awake and watching what looked to be youtube.

Talia lifts her hand and softly knocks on his window. Peter whips around and a large grin spreads across his face. He opens the window, while the wind rushes in and ruffles his hair.

"Hi." She says.

"Hey."

Talia looks him up and down, admiring his flannel pants and Star Wars t-shirt.

"Can I come in?"

He nods and backs up a little. Talia slides in, hitting her head on the top of his bunkbed. She plops down across from him on the bed.

"I have plans today, so I won't be able to see you later, hence why I'm here at eight in the morning." She hands him the sub. "Got us some breakfast."

The girl grins as Peter takes the sub and opens it.

"Thanks Tal."

"So, what are your plans for the big day today?" She asks him as she starts eating her own sub, watching Peter do the same.

"Well Ned and his mom are heading to the beach for a couple days or something, so May and I are gonna spend some time at Central Park and then dinner later."

"It's nice out, so that'll be fun."

"Yeah. Maybe when Ned gets back we could all go see a movie or something?"

"Ooo yes. Anything good out right now?"

"Mmm, not that I know of."

"Well, we'll figure something out."

"What are you doing later?" He asks.

"Tony needs my help moving some stuff into this new building."

It wasn't a lie, Tony wanted Tal to help transfer some of the bigger materials using her telekinesis.

"What new building?"

Talia pauses for a second. "My dad got another building for Stark Industries, I'm helping him move stuff."

The girl feels guilty lying, but she feels weird telling him that she's moving. They live so close already, that they can walk to each others place. But when she moves to the Compound, it'll be harder to see each other outside of school.

Talia treasures her friendship with Peter and wouldn't do anything to put it in jeopardy.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

By the time Talia made it back to the Tower, it was late at night. She had messaged Ned when she left the Compound, giving him enough time to get to the Tower.

Tony dropped Tal off, as he was heading to a conference with Pepper for a few nights. The windows of his car were, thankfully, tinted so Ned couldn't see him. She waves once she sees Ned waiting outside and walks over to him.

"Ned! You ready?"

"Uh yeah." He turns and looks up at the looming building. "You sure it's okay that we're here? I don't want your dad to get in trouble or anything."