thirteen

Talia and Sam were sitting near a bar, the girl off to the side a little more to look as if she weren't actually at a bar. She wore a black hoodie and some jeans, her hair pulled into a low ponytail. Sam wore a leather jacket, some jeans, sunglasses, and a red cap.

Tal resists the urge to look up as Steve walks in and up to Sam's side. Steve also wore a jacket, a blue cap and some sunglasses. She would have to have a conversation about disguises with them later.

"She tell you to stay out of it?"

"Might have a point."

"He'd do it for me."

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we consider all our options. The people that shoot at you, usually wind up shooting at us too."

Just then, Sharon walks up to Steve's other side, Tal can't help but look over now.

"Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter Soldier goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this." She slides a file over to Steve. "My boss expects a briefing pretty much now, so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

"Thank you."

"You're gonna have to hurry, we have orders to shoot on sight."

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

They were in Bucharest now. Having raced right over to get there before the CIA. The trio were suited up, Talia in her traditional grey catsuit. Knives loaded into her small slits, her gloves activated, and wearing her signature french braid.

Steve and Talia waited for Bucky to arrive in his small apartment. There was a minuscule kitchen area, a mattress on the floor as a bed, newspaper covering the windows, and cinderblocks and wood strips as a shelf.

Heads up Cap, Tal, German Special Forces approaching from the south. Sam says over the comms.

"Understood"

Tal gasps as she turns around, meeting the face of one James Buchanan Barnes.

"H-hi. I'm Talia, you must be Bucky—or James. I'm not sure what you prefer to be called," The man furrows his brows at the girl. "Uh we're not here to hurt you—I think. The metal arm—"She points at it. "really sick man."

"Tal I told you to not bombard him with questions—"

"I just really like the arm Steve. Sorry." She gives Bucky a sheepish smile.

Steve shakes his head, but looks over at the man. He wears a cap, his hair ending just above his shoulders. Gloves cover his hands and he wears a jacket.

"Do you know me?" Steve asks.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum."

They've set the perimeter.

Tal turns to the windows and moves closer, getting a look outside.

"I know you're nervous, and you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying."

"Steve we were supposed to go about this calmly and nicely. Stop accusing him." Talia crosses her arms.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

They're entering the building.

"We believe you." Tal says.

"But the people who think you did, are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart."

Talia frowns at Bucky's nonchalance over the situation.

"Good strategy."