forty seven

Peter groans and turns toward Talia. He eyes her pale form and her staggered breathing and gets closer to her.

"Let me look at it." He gestures.

The girl's too tired to refuse, so she lays down on the floor and unzips her suit. Peter leans over and carefully pulls the suit up slightly. He sucks in a breath.

"What?"

"Well that's a lot of blood."

"Don't get queasy now, it's just blood. You've dealt with a lot of your injuries before."

"Yeah but...this is some one else's blood."

Talia rolls her eyes. "Okay well is it bad?"

"Suit lady, can you do some sort of scan on her?"

Miss James appears to have a puncture wound measuring an inch deep. She looks to have missed any important structures. My recommended course of action would be to keep the weapon in to avoid more blood loss, and to keep applying pressure to the wound.

"What happens if I take it out?" Tal asks.

You'll bleed out faster than you can heal, like you said earlier.

"Nice, nice."

Peter carefully zips up her suit, making sure to not touch her, and then steps back. He looks up at the towers of containers and shoots a web to each end, creating a hammock.

He makes another one above it, and goes back to Tal. He slides a hand under her back and one under her knees, lifting her into his arms. He pauses as she hisses in pain.

Peter carefully brings her over to the lower hammock and lays her in it.

"Rest. I'll wake you up in a little."

Tal sighs. "Okay, thanks Pete."

Peter nods and climbs up the container wall, settling into his hammock.

"Hey suit lady. Kinda feel bad calling you 'suit lady' ya know."

Talia pulls out her earpiece and tucks it into a small pocket. She holds her side and attempts to fall asleep. Luckily, she's able to fall into the dark abyss.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

"HEY PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEBODY LET US OUT!" Tal jerks awake as she hears Peter's voice echo through the warehouse.

"Peter! What's wrong?" She calls out, looking at her left to him pounding on the large doors.

"The glowey thing's a Chitauri core! It's a bomb!" He yells.

"Shit. Peter we gave Ned a bomb!"

"I know Tal! Karen you have to help me overide that time lock." Talia leans to the left and swiftly slips out of the hammock, landing on her feet with minimal pain.

She puts her earpiece in and walks over closer to Peter as he attempts to find the code.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Initiating trial number 247.

Tal's head jerks up as the doors start to open, she rises to her feet, left arm holding her side.

"It works!"

Talia lifts herself into the air, while Peter grabs his backpack and swings out. She's grateful to find that she can manipulate the air while being weakened with a wound.