forty two

After school Talia went back to the Tower, knowing that Ned and Peter would be stressed about the party. She worked on packing her things, boxes littering her floor full of crap.

But when the time rolled around, Talia let her hair down and threw some light makeup on. She recalled the tips she learned from Nat, a little mascara and some cream blush for her cheeks.

She wears a black, leather, mini skirt and a fitted long sleeve black shirt. She opted on driving alone to Liz's house, using her car for the first time. She waits outside for the boys, leaning against her car.

Talia sees the boys pull up, May chatting to them. Ned gets out first wearing a big hat.

"Bye May!" He calls out.

"I'm digging the hat Ned!" Talia calls out gaining his attention.

Ned walks over and whistles while glances at her car. "Nice ride."

"Thanks, birthday gift. You ready?"

"Yep."

Peter walks over to them, his eyes widening slightly when he sees Tal.

"Woah, hey Tal. You look—"

...pretty...

"Different. Your hairs down."

She rolls her eyes. "I wore my hair down the other week, Pete. Come on boys, we've got a party to get too."

"You have the suit right?" Ned asks Peter.

"Are you joking?" Tal asks. "You're not actually thinking about this are you?"

Peter pulls up his sleeve. "Yeah."

"This is gonna change our lives." Ned says.

"This is stupid. I'm being a good mentor right now Pete, and I'm telling you...this is a bad idea."

"Just think Tal," Ned says while grabbing hold of her shoulders, she tenses at the touch. "We could be popular! Loosen up a little."

She shrugs him off. "Don't tell me to loosen up." She sighs and rolls her shoulders. "Just—forget it you won't listen anyway."

They walk into Liz's house...it's huge and Talia can admit that she loves the modern style. Music pulses through her body, blocking out excess thoughts that are sent her way. It's calming, the music pushing out the constant roar in her head.

The trio look over and see Flash at the DJ table. Talia grimacing.

"Can't believe you guys are at this lame party." Talia turns and smiles at MJ.

"You're here too." Ned states.

"Am I?" She says before walking away.

"I want whatever she's on." Tal says.

"Hey guys!" They turn to see Liz walking towards them. "Cool hat Ned!"

"Hi Liz!" Ned squeaks

"Hey Liz." Peter says.

Talia gives her a smile.

"I'm so happy you guys came. There's pizza and drinks, help yourself."

The idea of drinking honestly sounds nice to Tal. She's tasted some alcoholic drinks with Nat and Steve in the past, and it usually makes her feel calm. Right now, anxiety shoots through her veins so maybe she needs to let loose like Ned said.

"What a great party." Peter says.

"Thanks." A glass breaks in the distance. "Uh my parents will kill me if anything's broken, so I gotta go."