seventy eight

November 2017 - New York

It was a relatively warm day when Tal decided to experiment. As a couple
of months passed, the sense that something was happening grew and intensified.

She felt drawn to New York...somewhere and she didn't know why, couldn't figure it out.

But that bad feeling, that sixth sense, was getting stronger.

So, being that she was off from school because it was the weekend, Tal made the decision to follow that sense and see where it would lead her.

She dug deep, to find that tether and as if it were a string, she tugged on it.

Now, she walks down the streets of New York, unsure where she's heading, looking for something unknown.

She walked down the crowded streets, a demolished building in sight with construction going on around it. At first she walked past it, but she froze as she spotted a familiar blonde head.

"T—Thor?"

The man whips around, holding an...umbrella? His eyes widen as he looks down at Talia.

"Lady Tal! My, how you've grown! How old are you now? You look like a full grown mortal!" He reaches and immediately pulls her into a hug, which she returns.

"I'm uh, eighteen now. W—where have you been? I've missed you!" She grins wide at the blonde.

Her eyes trail down his form, eyebrows furrowing as she takes in his normal Earthen clothes.

"I've been searching...long story. How have you been? How is everyone?"

"Oh—uh..." she fumbles on her words, unsure whether or not to tell him that they split. "everyone's fine. But seriously, what are you doing here?"

"My brother, who I thought was dead, was impersonating my father. He banished Odin to Earth."

"Oh..." her gaze catches on a dark haired man standing just off Thor's shoulder. "Is this the brother?"

"Ah!" He steps aside. "Loki, this is Lady Talia, a good and talented friend of mine."

She regards the man with wariness, finding him somewhat familiar. His hair is sleeked back, a completely black suit on him.

"Have we met before?" She asks him.

The man, Loki, squints his eyes at her, and she narrows her eyes as she sees the slightest widening of his eyes. She jerks back slightly as she gets a sense of fear from him.

"You recognize me don't you? Where do I know you from?"

Loki shakes his head and turns to his brother. "As much as she may be your friend, we must leave." He side eyes her. "She's dangerous."

"Excuse me? I was talking to you asshole."

"Watch it witch." He spits at her.

"I'm not a witch you idiot." Talia steps forward slightly, looking down as Thor's hand reaches out to stop her.

"Enough. Brother where is father?"

Loki grits his teeth but lets out a sigh and turns to look at the destroyed building.

"I swear, I left him right here."

"You left your dad...Odin...at an Earthen old people's home? That's cold."

Loki sends her a glare.

Thor sighs. "Right here on the sidewalk? Or right there, where the building is being demolished? Great planning."