Pasts

Hiro POV

It's been a few weeks since I got the Medal of Freedom. It's raining outside and I sit here in my lab again not knowing what to do. "Should I ask them about their pasts or wait for them to tell me. Ugh! Why couldn't have Tadashi just told me?" I think to myself still unsure of what I should do. "You appear to be stressed Hiro. What seems to be the problem?" Baymax asks me. "I want to ask the others about their pasts, but I don't want to seem nosy. Also, from what Tadashi told me they didn't seem to have the best past, so I don't want to make them tell me something they don't wan to talk about." I tell him. "You have known them for over a year, so it wouldn't seem nosy if you asked them about their pasts. Also, if they did have sad pasts then sharing it with someone they trust can help express their feelings, and bring you closer together." he tells me. "Thanks Baymax." I tell him having somewhat of an idea of what to do. Try to get back to work but ultimately I can't, and a few minutes later someone knocks at my door.

"Can we come in Hiro?" my friends ask. "Yeah." I reply, still trying to focus on my work. "Hiro we know what's wrong." Wasabi says to me. "What do you mean?" I ask them. "Hiro, you've been off for the last few weeks and we were going to ask you what was wrong, and then we heard your conversation with Baymax. So, we've decided it was time you knew about our pasts." Honey Lemon says. I look at them, a bit shocked that they would do this for me. "You do have to do this is you don't want to." I tell them. "It's fine. You've always been there for us, it's the least we can do. Besides, Baymax is right, you've known us for more than a year and deserve to know more about us." Wasabi says. "Thanks guys." I tell them as Fred starts.

"When I was younger I always wanted to be a superhero like my dad. We would play for hours when I was younger, but at school I would act like a hero and everyone made fun of me. I got bullied a lot, one day I decided I had enough and knocked one of them out. Unfortunately, I got expelled and my father wasn't happy with me. We grew more distant and stopped having fun." Fred recalls, getting upset. "I kept trying to get into different school, but they wouldn't allow me because of what happened. When I was 15 my father told me to get a job, so that I could learn something in life. I worked at Noodle Burger because I loved that place, but I was terrible at my job. I got fired after a few months, but something happened that day that changed my life. I met Tadashi. We always used to hang out and one day I told him about my situation, and he was able to get me a job as SFIT's mascot. Now here I am today thanks to him." he finishes.

"I'll go next." Honey Lemon says. I look at her giving my full attention as she starts. "When I was 6 my parents got divorced. I never had a normal childhood, always going back and forth between the 2 houses. I never felt like I had a home. At school people thought I was a weirdo and different because of my parents. Eventually I made friends, but when I went to their homes I always thought, I wish that could be me and my family." she says starting to cry a bit as Fred puts an arm around her, to try and comfort her. "I was always nice and happy with them, but they took advantage of me and broke my trust. For a while I never trusted anybody and wasn't my happy, nice self, until I met Tadashi. I could always rely on him, and he helped me get to my old happy self again. When I was 16, with Tadashi's help I was able to move into my own apartment and away from my terrible situation. I owe it all to him for why I'm here today." she concludes.

Next Wasabi speaks up. "When I was younger I was seen as a bully, for how I was physically built. However, I just wanted to be nice to people and help them because when I grew up my family was poor. I never had anything nice that I wanted, because my family wasn't even able to put food on the table sometimes. I never had any friends and one day some people found out that I was poor. I went from 'being the bully' to being bullied. One day I was walking home from school when Tadashi came to me and asked to be my friend." Wasabi says, looking up thinking about Tadashi. "From that day on he always defended me when I got bullied, and cheered me up when I was down. It was us against the world. He gave my family money and eventually found better paying jobs that they could do. It's all because of him that I'm here today." he says smiling because of what Tadashi has done for him and his family.

There's silence as we wait for Gogo to start, but she doesn't. "Gogo?" I ask her, but she doesn't respond. She just stands there with a blank expression as a tear rolls down her face. She wipes it way and leaves, covering her face so that we can't see her pain as she head to her lab. I feel bad, like I made her do something that she didn't want to. "Hiro it's okay." Wasabi says put a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah the only person who knew about her past was Tadashi." Fred says trying to cheer me up. "Just let her be she'll be fine." Honey Lemon tells me. "That is incorrect. Gogo will not be fine, she needs someone to share her feelings with. She wanted to but there was something stopping her. I suggest that Hiro goes to talk to her, otherwise this will keep eating at her and she won't be the same." Baymax informs us. We all look at him shocked, but after a while I decided to get up and try to help Gogo.