Happy Birthday

Hiro POV

I wake up and see Aunt Cass and Baymax standing next to my bed.  "Happy Birthday Hiro!" they say in two very different tones causing me to laugh.  "Thanks guys." I say to them, then I notice that Tadashi isn't here so I ask, "Where's Tadashi?"  "He left early saying something about getting something important ready." Aunt Cass recalls bring a smile to my face as I get ready for school.

When I get to the school and enter the lab I notice that nobody's here.  That's when I hear a loud noise come from Tadashi's lab and notice that his door his slightly open.  As I get closer I can hear everyone inside his lab.  As I peak through the gap in his door and see all my friends gathered around Tadashi, while he tries to beat Fred's high score on a video game.  When I see that I leave upset, tears rolling down my cheeks.  I know that there isn't going to be any party for me, and I also know that I've been forgotten by all of my friends.

(In the Cafeteria)

I'm sitting at a table alone looking at my so-called friends eating together, happy and enjoying themselves while I'm just watching them.  It's my birthday, it should be one of the happiest days of my life, but in truth I've never been more sad.  I'm deep in thought when I'm interrupted by someone saying, "Hey Hiro."  When I hear their voice I know exactly who it is, and their the last person I'd want to and except to talk with me.  Karmi.

Karmi POV

I'm sitting in my normal spot by myself working on another fanfiction when I look up and see Hiro sitting by himself.  I smile.  I hate Hiro Hamada and now that his older brother Tadashi is back he's lonely just like me.  However, when I look at him again I see that he's much sadder than usual and that's when I remember that it's his birthday.  For some reason I start to feel bad for him, so I decide to do what I never thought I would do.  Be nice to him.  "Het Hiro." I say as I walk up to him.  I can tell that he's not pleased to see me and replies, "What do you want Karmi?"  "Happy Birthday Hiro." I say to him shocking him.  He's stunned for a bit before replying, "Thanks Karmi that means a lot." as he starts to smile.  "Hiro I know your friends forgot about your birthday.  As much as I hate to say it, if they forgot about you and your birthday then maybe they were never meant to be your friends." I say to him being honest.  "Yeah." he replies as I leave.

Hiro POV

Karmi leaves me after saying happy birthday to me.  I think about what she said and maybe she's right.  Maybe they weren't meant to be my friends.  I think a crazy thought that I'd never thought I would think of.  I know me and her got off to a bad start, but maybe we could be friends.