58 Waking Up For The Baby

Imagine 58: Waking up for the baby

It was already two months since your daughter were born. Even though Mikayla is your second child, you still feel the tiredness just like when Arthur was first born. But luckily, you have a very loving, understanding and a helpful husband. Michael will always try to make it easier for you since he knew you've been through a lot during the 9 months pregnancy.

You were peacefully sleeping under Michael's arms when you heard a soft crying voice which was getting louder every second. It's like an alarm and it's impossible not to hear. You slowly glanced towards the digital clock on the side table and sighed.

It was 3am but you felt like you've only closed your eyes for three minutes since the last time you comforted your little girl. With a heavy heart, you slowly got off under the blanket to where she is but you suddenly felt a strong hand grabbed your arm.

"Honey, it's okay. I'll go.." Michael said with his sleepy voice.

You smiled at his sweet gestures but you felt very bad because Michael himself didn't get enough rest. "Are you sure..? You've done it almost everyday... Let me do it this time..." You tried to coax him.

"No no I'm fine.... You go back to sleep... I'll take care of it..." He smiled assuredly before kissing your forehead and lay you down on the bed. You can't really do anything other than watching him walked out of the room.

Michael entered Mikayla's room which was filled with her cries and screams. Without delaying, Michael quickly approached her crib and carried her gently to calm her down.

"Hey princess... Shhhh.... Daddy's here.... Shhhhh.... I got you... Go back to sleep kay..." He soothed her with his soft angelic voice while rocking her in his arms but Mikayla kept on crying.

"Are you hungry...?" Michael grabbed one of her bottles from the milk heater and tried to feed her but she tilted her head motioning that she was not hungry.

"Oh boy... are you sick..?" Michael checked her temperature but she seem to be just fine. "You're not sick... But why are you crying so hard..?" Michael started to worry till he felt something wet on her clothes.

"Oh... I see..." He finally realized the thing that makes his daughter cry so much as he checked her diapers to make sure.

"You're crying cause you're uncomfortable aren't you...?" He said as he placed her down on the changer. "Alright, alright... I'll change it... Just for you, my little princess.."

***

Thirty minutes later when you feel the side of Michael's spot on the bed, he was not there. That little fact forced you to wake up to checked on him. "What took him so long..?" You thought.

With a sleepy eyes and body, you walked yourself towards your daughter's room which was just next to yours and Michael. You opened the door only to find little Mikayla sleeping silently on her daddy's chest who was sleeping on the couch. He was hugging her securely so that she won't fall.

You couldn't help but giggled at that super adorable view. Michael must be really tired that he slept on the couch like that. You shook your head as you slowly approached your precious 'babies'.

"Michael babe.... wake up..." You slowly whispered as you carefully tried to take Mikayla and put her back into her crib. You let out a small sigh of relieve as you successfully put her back without any flinch.

"Michael..... Let's get back to bed... Come on..." You said as you stroked his cheek softly.

"Where's Kayla....?" He asked like an innocent child.

"She's asleep... Thanks to you.." You smiled as you lead him out of your daughter's room hoping to only come again late in the morning which is quite impossible.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another update! Yay! I hope you like it and tell me what you think ;)

Vote + Comment + Share

Love,miera