Chapter 4. flashback

TW: mention of Suicide

(y/n pov)
Jason and I were still following Gon and Killua, they were following the two troupe members Pakunoda and Shalnark. They'd led us to a desert, I was a bit distracted when Jason asked 'y/n are u okay? U seem stressed' He was right but I wasn't planning on telling him that.  'Yeah I'm fine I just got a little distracted that's all.' I smiled. What I didn't tell him was that I'd met the Phantom troupe before. When Gon and Killua told us about the Phantom Troupe a few days ago I thought it would be best if I act like I didn't know them so they wouldn't get suspicious. It was not like I didn't trust them, I just wanted to keep them safe.

(Author pov)

-flashback- (8 years ago)

'It will all be fine y/n' mom said, 'your dad will come and save us'. You were crying because the Phantom troupe had kidnapped you and your mom. A tall man with black hair and a bandana wrapped around his forehead was talking to a pale skinny man with a star and teardrop on his cheeks. You couldn't hear everything they were saying but it was about your dad having to give them something. At the time you were 10 so you didn't understand everything that was going on.

When your dad finally arrived it was already too late, your mom was dead. After that your father wouldn't talk to you, he blamed himself for her death and got depressed. He killed himself 1 year after you and your mom got kidnapped and y/n never found out what the troupe wanted from her dad. 

(y/n pov)
It was hard losing them both at such a young age, but I promised that I would find out what happened. I would get my answers, but first I had to make sure Gon and Killua were safe. I wasn't about to lose them too. The Hunter Association could kiss my ass.

:) A vote/comment would mean the world to me, but don't feel obligated!