Chapter Twelve

Danny's POV

"Come'on D.A, there has to be something in this costume store that you like. We've been here for 3hrs now" Luke whined sitting on the couch.

"I'm sorry, ok. I never dressed with something like this before" I said pointing towards the slutty outfits next to me. "I just want to dress comfortable tomorrow night not like a slut"

"This is the last costume clothing store in the mall, What was wrong with the minnie mouse costume? It's cute"

"There's many things wrong with it. It's shows to much skin, it's tight, it's too short and I despise the color pink"

"No. You're to picky, I'll give you an hour to find something and then we're leaving. When you finally find something, come get me at the food court" Luke said leaving out the door.

I huffed "I'm not picky, I just want to dress comfortable" I mumbled to myself.

Turning around I noticed Sarah and her puppets walking up to me "Oh, look it here girls. Freak is lost" she joked.

This is my chance to finally stand to Sarah, or I could just walk away like I always do? Oh no, I might have a panic attack.

"I-I'm not lost..." I muttered.

"Look. She finally speaks. The masks are over there freak, unless you thought you could actually wear one of these costumes as ugly and unattractive you are?" she smiled evilly.

Don't cry, don't you dare cry and run away, that'll only make her win, time to man up.

"...I-I" I was cut off by Angelo wrapping his arm around my waist, sparks tingled through my whole body.

Why does this felling keep coming back when he touches me? There has to be a scientifical reason behind this, I'll do some research when I get home.

"Hey, Babe. Sorry I'm late, traffic was killer. So, did you choose a costume for us to match at Tyler's party tomorrow night?" he said. The look on Sarah and her puppets faces were priceless.

Thank you, Angelo. I owe you one. If he didn't come rescue me I'd be in the girls bathroom crying my eyes out. It's funny how some words you think you're immune too still has a huge affect on you.

"I...Uh...Er. Y-Yea?!" I said nervously.

"Sup, Sarah. Puppets. Nice seeing you guys here. What are you girls going as? 18 and pregnant or regular sluts?" he asked, I couldn't help but laugh a little. Sarah was furious with nothing to say back she walked off with her lost puppets behind her. I breathe out not noticing I was holding my breath "T-Thanks. I owe you one" I said removing his arm around me.

"No problem, what are new friends for?" he smiled at me showing his pearly whites.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of his beautiful smile...What kind of sorcery is this? Why is my heart beating really fast? My palms are getting sweaty, my knees are getting weaker. What is going on with me?

"Angelo? How did you know I was in here?" I suddenly asked. "I guess it was just a feeling or it's because I saw Sarah and her puppets crowd up on you in the store window"

"Oh. Anyway thanks again. I still have to find a costume before Luke comes back" I said, his face went hard at the hearing of Lukes name. "What's up with you and that guy? You're always together. Is he your boyfriend or something?" he aksed.

Is Angelo actually getting jealous of Luke? Oh this is gold. The school's bad boy is jealous.

I laughed.

Should I play a trick on him? I hate to lie to people. It might back fire on me... Oh, what the heck with it.

"Why the sudden interest in Luke?"

"Nothing. I just always wanted to ask"

"Is that true? Well, if you must know. Yes, we are together, ever since...Um...middle school" I lied, Is it me or he looks like he's about to explode in rage? Especially with that vain popping on his forhead? I hate lying but this is hilarious.

He eyed me "Is that so, Ginger?"

I nodded slowly "...Yep"

Angelo walked closed towards me until my back was against the wall, he leaned forward to my ear, I could feel his hot breathe against my neck "Huh. Then I'll see you at the party...Daniella" he purred, he backed off and walked out the store.

He left me there, paralyzed. I could still smell his strong cologne. That boy is to darn mesmerizing and way good looking for his own good.

Since I didn't find no costume I'd like to wear, I decided to grab Luke and go home.

I laid on my bed and decided to look up what the hell that sparks feeling was about. I found something that made sense, it read 'In the context of relationships, chemistry is a complex "emotion" that two people get when they share a special connection. It is not necessarily sexual. It is the impulse making one think "I need to see this other person again" - that feeling of "we click". It is very early in one's relationship that they can intuitively work out whether they have positive or negative chemistry.'

"W-Wait... What?! 'When two people share a special connection' that couldn't be right. I could never have a connection with that man beast, this can't be right, right?" I said to myself.

Scrolling down I clicked on the symptoms, it read 'It has been described as a "combination of basic psychological arousal combined with a feeling of pleasure". The nervous system gets aroused, causing one to get adrenaline in the form of "rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, and sensations of excitement that are often similar to sensations associated with danger". Other physical symptoms include "the face and ears...turning red and...a feeling of weakness in the knees". One can feel a sense of obsession over the other person, longing for "the day when they return to that person". One can also uncontrollably smile whenever thinking about the other person'

I quickly shut my laptop. It's all the symptoms I had at the ballet studio when he stole my first kiss and today at the mall... that-that doesn't mean I'm falling for him, right? It can't be right. I can't fall for a guy like him, he's a terrible influence but he's so mesmerizing not to stare at, and he's so cute when he smiles.... Oh no. Oh fudge cakes.

My face felt really hot at the thought of Angelo smiling at me, his bright blue/green eyes and those shinning white pearly teeth of his, I shook the thought out my head.

Knock it off Danny, don't fall into his trap. Call for help, and there's only one person who can help me at my embarrassing state.

I quickly dialed a number on my phone.

"Sup, D.A? What's the 411?"

"...We have a major huge problem"

"What? What's wrong?"

"I-I think...I...-"

"Spit it out already, D.A"

"I might be falling for Angelo Rossi!" I yelled on the phone. "I'll be over in 5mins" he said handing up. I turned off my lights and laid on my bed staring at the window.

I can't be crushing on him. I just can't, it's impossible.