Chapter 31

The two stood in front of Mingyu's house. Wonwoo took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. This time he visited Mingyu's family not as a friend anymore. Of course, he's nervous. Mingyu grabbed his hand and smiled, assuring that everything would be alright.

"You can knock on the door when you're ready." Mingyu said.

Wonwoo nodded as he mentally prepared himself. He took another deep breath before he reached out his shaky hand and knocked on the door. A few moments later, the door opened, revealing Mingyu's dad. And for a second, Wonwoo almost decided to run away. Mingyu greeted his father and they hugged. The hug broke and Wonwoo offered a handshake to the man.

"Come in, come in. How was the journey? Your mom is in the kitchen." Mr. Kim said.

They went to the living room and Minseo ran to Mingyu, hugging him. The brother then kissed her forehead. Wonwoo smiled and ruffled her hair. Mrs. Kim came in right after and hugged her son. She then pinched Wonwoo's cheeks after she hugged him.

"I have an announcement. Everyone sits down." Mingyu said.

The other sat on the couch as Wonwoo stood beside Mingyu. They intertwined their hands and smiled at each other.

"Mom, Dad, I'll introduce you to your future son-in-law." Wonwoo frowned as he looked at Mingyu. The family widened their eyes.

"I think boyfriend would be enough-" his words got cut off by Mingyu's mother as she squealed happily.

The parents got up and hugged Wonwoo. He expected a positive reaction but didn't expect it to be this positive.

"Aigoo, finally you two are together. I'm so happy." His mom said.

"My son is the best." The father ruffled Wonwoo's hair.

Mingyu joined the hug. His parents suddenly started to lecture him about the important things in marriage, how he should take care of his partner, and everything related. But Wonwoo realized someone was pouting. It's Minseo. She was sitting at the edge of the couch, looking away. Wonwoo approached the little girl and sat beside her.

"Minseo, what's wrong?" Wonwoo asked.

"You take Mingyu away from me." She said, sulking.

"No, no. I'm not taking Mingyu away from you." Wonwoo replied but she's not buying it.

"How about this. Can I be number two in Mingyu's heart?" Wonwoo asked and Minseo looked at him.

"Who is number one?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Minseo of course. Mingyu loves you more than he loves me." Wonwoo grinned. The girl thought for a bit.

"Okay, you can be number two." Minseo said and hugged Wonwoo.

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu and they smiled at each other. He really wished his family would be accepted like Mingyu's family. If his parents could accept this imperfect sculpture.

A week later, Wonwoo was in the living room as he wrote something new. Everything was great. They accepted Wonwoo with their whole heart as Mingyu's boyfriend and Wonwoo really appreciated it. Now that they were in a relationship, Mingyu became more and more romantic towards Wonwoo. He wanted to repay the boy.

Mingyu entered the living room and hugged his boyfriend from behind. Wonwoo quickly hid the paper away from Mingyu. The latter tilted his head to the side.

"What is it?" Mingyu asked.

"My new writing. Not finished yet." Wonwoo answered.

"Let me read it a bit." Mingyu said.