Chapter 26

Wonwoo ran to Mingyu's apartment after he 'rejected' Seokmin. After the latter asked him the question that triggered him. Do you like someone else? He knew he needed to get Mingyu back. He reached in front of the apartment building and stopped, catching his breath. Wait, was this the right thing to do? As in now? What if Mingyu pushed him away for the second time? He couldn't bear that pain anymore.

Letting out a sigh, Wonwoo backed off, heading home. Minghao hated him for breaking Mingyu's heart. How could he expect Mingyu to accept him just like that? He needed to win the boy's heart back. Taking out his phone, Wonwoo dialed Jun's number.

"Hello? Jun." Wonwoo said.

"What?"

"I love Mingyu." and silent on the other side. Probably shocked.

"I'm such a dick for doing that to him. I don't want to lose him. Please help me get him back." Wonwoo stated.

"Okay...out of sudden but, finally! What took you so long?" Jun replied.

"Help me please?" Wonwoo asked again.

"Okay, okay. You need to flirt with him." and Wonwoo frowned.

"I never flirt."

"That's the problem with you." Jun rolled his eyes.

"You need to start with something simple like sending warm messages to him. For example, wishing good morning every day, maybe wishing him all the best. Something like that you know. But don't mention the past especially the things that happened between you two. And don't expect him to reply to your messages at all. He was still angry at you. Mentioning about the past will make it worse." Jun explained.

"Okay, cringe. How do you know all this?" Wonwoo asked.

"Because I did it to Minghao." Jun grinned.

---

That morning, Mingyu arrived at his class as he received a text. Looking at it, he frowned a bit. It's from Wonwoo.

Good morning. Hope you have a nice day.

Mingyu scoffed and shoved his phone back into his pocket. Suddenly, you want to do this. What do you think I am? Mingyu thought. Meanwhile, Wonwoo looked at the message and pouted. Mingyu left him on-read. But that wouldn't stop him. Jun said to never expect any reply from the latter.

Later at night, Mingyu just got home from the gym. Suddenly, he saw a white bag hanging on his doorknob. Grabbing the bag, he looked inside. There're waffles in it with a piece of paper. He took out the paper.

Hope you like chocolate and strawberry.

The waffles were still warm. Mingyu looked around. Who sent this to him? Mingyu just shrugged and entered his apartment.

It had happened every day for a week now. Every morning, Mingyu got a message from Wonwoo. And at night, there's always a bag of snacks hanging at his doorknob. Sometimes, it's cupcakes, brownies, waffles, and even red velvet cake. At first, he didn't know who did all these, but everything connected now. He assumed that Wonwoo did all these. To seek forgiveness from him. Or he just wanted to be fuck buddies again.

---

Mingyu was at the café, eating his lunch when Minghao joined him. The boy gave a box of cake to Mingyu. He looked at his friend, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Someone gives it to you." Minghao said and sat down.

"Who?"

"You know who." Minghao cringed at how this brought back the memory of when Jun tried to ask him out.