Chapter 22

Seokmin stared into the void as he sat at the bench in front of the river. He was thinking about something. Jisoo saw the boy from afar and approached him. A sigh could be heard from Seokmin when Jisoo was close enough.

"Hey, Seokmin." Jisoo called the boy.

"Oh hi, Jisoo hyung." Seokmin smiled.

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking of something."

"Wanna share it?" Jisoo sat beside him.

"I like this person, but I don't know how to make a move." Seokmin stated.

A sudden rush of nervousness came into Jisoo. Does he like someone? Wait, he tells me about it. So it's not me. Jisoo made self-speculation. And it hurt his feelings. Seokmin was so stupid. Couldn't he see that Jisoo liked him? Or maybe he liked a girl. So there's nothing Jisoo could do about it.

"Just talk to them. Find a way to get close to them. Maybe share some common interests. And then, show that you are interested in them." Jisoo gave some advice even though his heart was in pain.

"I tried but Wonwoo hyung is really hard to approach." Seokmin accidentally let out the name. He looked at his sunbae.

"Hyung? Seokmin, are you gay?" Jisoo asked.

"I think so. I've never been in a relationship before, so I don't know." Seokmin said as he looked down.

"Are you gonna stay away from me?" he asked Jisoo.

"No- why?" the older frowned.

"People tend to leave someone when they come out to them."

"Everyone has their own preference. Sexuality doesn't define who we are." Jisoo said.

"Plus, I'm gay too." he continued. Seokmin looked at him a bit shocked.

"Really? I don't expect that."

"So, why is it so hard to approach him?" Jisoo changed the topic.

"He always distances himself from everyone. Even when he hangs out with his friends, he didn't really join the conversation. I feel like something bad happened to him." Seokmin explained.

"And we rarely meet. He's from business course and I'm engineering." He added.

"Why don't you ask him out?" Jisoo asked.

"He always busies during the weekend. And I always hang out with you. So I don't know when to ask him out."

For some reason, it made Jisoo mad. He gave so much hint all this time but Seokmin was too blind to see it. Maybe because he's dumb. Of course, you always hang out with me. I'm hitting on you! Jisoo mentally yelled at Seokmin.

"I need to go. I have a class." Jisoo lied as he got up.

Seokmin looked at the latter and nodded. He didn't see the angry expression on Jisoo's face as the latter walked away.

"I hate you."

---

Seokmin started to notice something weird with Jisoo. It's been a week and he never met the senior. He once asked the latter to hang out and Jisoo declined it just like that. Saying that he's busy. After that, Jisoo ignored all of Seokmin's chats. But thinking that the boy was busy, Seokmin just let it slide.

Until one day, the two stumbled upon each other during lunch. Seokmin was about to wave his hand at Jisoo but the latter immediately turned away. Shocked, Seokmin chased after the boy. He grabbed Jisoo's hand.