Chapter 24

"Hello." Wonwoo said when someone picked up on the other side.

"Wonu?" Wonhyuk called.

"Hyung..." the little brother sobbed when he heard his brother's voice.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? Are you crying?"

"I-I mess up... so bad."

Wonwoo called his brother that night because he didn't know who he should run to. After Mingyu shut him out, he felt like his world was crumbling. That's what he deserved but it's hurt so bad.

"What happened?" Wonhyuk asked.

"Mingyu confessed to me after I accidentally met my ex."

"Don't tell me you reject him right on the spot?" the older one was shocked.

"Yeah... but my mind was in chaos that time. I just wanted to be alone and he showed up. I didn't mean it." Wonwoo wiped the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"I tried to apologize to him, but h-he ignored me." he continued.

There was silence on the other side. The only noise that could be heard was Wonwoo's sobbing. After a while, Wonhyuk started to ask.

"Do you love him?"

"What?"

"Mingyu confessed to you that he likes you. Do you like him too?" Wonhyuk asked again.

"Well-"

"Yes or no? No more excuse, Wonu. Do you love Mingyu?" his brother cut him off.

Wonwoo was caught off guard. Now, everyone was fed up with him. Up until now, he was still in denial when it was crystal clear. Wonwoo loves Mingyu.

"Yes."

"I love him. I love Mingyu." saying that made Wonwoo feel satisfied.

"Finally! Now fight for your love. My brother is not a quitter." Wonhyuk smiled widely.

"But how? He hates me. I met him just now and he pushed me away."

"Give him time. You broke his heart, Wonu. If I was him, I would push you away too."

---

The next day, it was almost dusk and Wonwoo was still on the campus. He just finished his work. He walked past the Art department building and stumbled upon Mingyu. The two froze as they looked at each other. Wonwoo wanted to reach out but he stopped himself. Mingyu needs time. He told himself. If he kept pushing the latter, Mingyu might really hate him forever.

Mingyu let out a sigh and walked away while Wonwoo was still standing there. He felt like his heart just shattered into pieces when Mingyu did that, but he deserved it. If Mingyu wanted to punish him like this, then he would gladly accept it.

Looking down, Wonwoo also left, heading home. How long should he give Mingyu space? Yes, Wonwoo sounded so desperate right now because he missed the boy so much. He would do anything just to be in that embrace again.

"Wonwoo hyung." Wonwoo stopped and turned around. It was Seokmin.

"Hey." He smiled.

"I haven't seen you in a while. Where were you from?" Seokmin asked.

"I just finished some work. On the way home now." Wonwoo replied.

"Umm... wanna grab dinner together?" Seokmin rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sure." Wonwoo nodded. Seokmin smiled and they started to leave together.

After that day, Wonwoo became close with Seokmin. They always hung out together. Seokmin always asked him out and Wonwoo felt bad if he rejected the latter. It's fun having Seokmin around but deep down, Wonwoo still felt empty.