-your love ignites me

𝓡egulus could give Elora the love and future she wanted, he could give her everything he wanted

𝓡egulus could give Elora the love and future she wanted, he could give her everything he wanted. They were platonic soulmates, only ever knowing each other and only ever loving each other. When together, they breathed the same air, walked the same path and held the same heart.

But then he left her, and her love for Sirius grew, despite everything she needed and cherished, it blossomed and consumed the part of her heart she left for him and that how she knew that she needed him. To show her a different path and a different way of loving.

Her heart belonged to both of them but her soul belonged to Regulus Black. The love which grew with time, with the sorrow they shared. She leant on him for support when she had no one else, he helped her grow and find herself, despite the pain she had caused.

Regulus slung on his robe, walking from his room and towards the dining hall. The others welcomed him over and he accepted, for all the wrong reasons.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked, reaching over the table to examine his saddened features. "Oh i'm perfect, how are you, Sirius?" The boy asked, his seat being only opposite his brother.

"Yeah, i'm fine" He said, not being able to hold eye contact with him after everything that had just happened with Elora.

"So where is Elora?" He asked, looking around before facing back to his brother. "In your room maybe, she takes a while to change" He spat, slamming his hand down on the table as he did so.

The other were silenced by the sudden action, each looking between the brothers intently. "You can't be serious" Sirius scoffed, glaring at James as he opened his mouth.

"No you're Siriu—Wrong time, my bad" He muttered, awkwardly looking away and Remus held back his urge to laugh.

"I am serious, I saw the way you looked at her, you just have to have everything don't you, what else do you want from me because you've taken the only thing I actually wanted!" Regulus screamed, pushing the table into Sirius' chest before standing to his feet and storming away.

"No, you don't get to act this way. Do not forget what you did!" Sirius shouted back, standing to his own feet and following the boy out into the corridor.

"Don't you think I spend every moment of my life thinking about what I did, the memories never leave, they live with me and she was my only source of them slowly disappearing, she makes me forget what I did" Regulus scowled, grabbing his brother by the collar of his shirt and pushing him back against the wall.

"I did this for you" He exclaimed, pushing him back further as Sirius rose his fist and smashed it against the side of his younger brothers face.

"Oh my god" Elora said from the distance, running over but keeping her space away from the boys.

Regulus didn't acknowledge Elora, instead he used his own fist to swing for his brother. The family rivalry they had been wanting to have out for years, but neither one wanting to continue it.

Sirius' head fell to the side, his hand on his face whilst his body was in complete shock. "This needs to stop" Said the girl, walking between the two and turning her head to each side every other moment.

"You can't do this, this is what Tom wants"

"Yeah and what is it that you want Elora" Regulus spat, his fists still clenched but stuck to either side of his body.

"Don't make me do this now" She sighed as Sirius stood up and crossed his arms. "I thought earlier after the kiss"

His words ruined everything

They made the silence grow louder

The heart of each breaking a little more

With just one simple word

Kiss

"I knew it" Regulus said in pure despair, his tears growing as he turned around and began to walk away.

"Wait, please" She begged, running after him but he wanted nothing to do with her.

"I have made some shitty choices in my life but I have never done such a thing to you, not ever Elora. How could you, does my love for you really mean that little to you" His voice was angry, anger mixed with pain whilst the tears fell.

Each droplet a combination of ongoing misery he carried with him, this possibility that had suddenly become a reality for him.

"I'm so sorry" She said, but he was gone, and no matter how much she tried to get him back, she couldn't.

"Why would you do that?" She asked, turning around to face the boy who had now ruined everything. "He needed to know, and you know that" Sirius snapped, pushing back his hair and straightening out his collar.

"I can't talk to you right now" She said, turning away and heading for the Gryffindor common room.

"You arent so innocent yourself Elora" Sirius shouted but his words were background noise now against the loud thump of her heartbeat which continued to get louder and louder until her eyes broke out into tears and her ears rang.

She wasn't innocent and she knew that, she was the reason for everything they had dobnne. And she wished that if she could be a different person she would be. But this was the route she had taken, this was the path she walked down to shape her life.

And now she was paying for it.

She walked to the Slytherin common room, suddenly having a change of heart and deciding she needed to sort this out now, or they were going to be stuck in a loop forever.

"Regulus Black open this door right now" She shouted, slamming her fist against his dorm room door. "I don't want to talk to you Elora, do me a favour and erase the slytherin password from your mind" He shouted from inside, wiping his tears away with the sleeve of his robe.

"You need to know that I didn't kiss him, he kissed me and yes I kissed him back but I did it because i needed to know where my heart stands" She shouted, trying to unlock the door but it was no use.

She heard the smashing of glass from the inside of his room, his anger getting the better of him once again. "So that makes it okay? How could you Elora, after everything. And is it true, did you figure out where your heart stands" He spat, slamming his fist against the wooden door and pressing his forehead harshly against it.

"I did" She whispered, placing her hand against the door where his head lay, only the opposite side.

"And what you've come here to break my heart even more? Tear it into shreds and leave me with nothing so you can live on with my brother, is that it?" His words became a whisper as he went on, not wanting to know the truth she held in her heart.

"I came here to tell you that it's you, it's always been you, when you left I changed and I thought my heart did too but Sirius didn't heal it, he just stopped it from breaking more, where as you, you heal it Regulus, until it's full and i'm not capable of loving anymore, your love completes me"

He unlocked the door, pulling it open, and then he kissed her. Without warning, without permission. Without even deciding to do it, but simply because he couldn't have done or said anything else. He needed that breath she was holding. It belonged to him and he wanted it back.

He didn't want to feel the softness of her fair lips or the warmth of her skin as she exhaled against him. He kissed her because he couldn't think of any way to fully express the love he held for her. Despite everything, he needed her to know that he would always choose her, that she would never be a second choice to him.