The summer, before.

The book starts in their fifth year, when Tom Riddle tries to take over and all the Marauders face is one tragedy after another, but what if I take you back, to before their fifth year, when the only hardships they faced were the fear of loving one another too much. Here is the past, the months before fate begins, the months where they were happy. All of them.

🎞📜🤎📻

🎞📜🤎📻

"ARE YOU SURE ABOUT
this, Lily won't be pleased" Elora sighed, Sirius and James stood beside her as the three leant over the bridge, looking for Severus Snape. "You know he's strange right? Think about all the things he might try to do unless we teach him a lesson now, before its too late" Said Sirius, pointing at a blackened figure making their way underneath the bridge. "Why am I the one that has to do it, can't one of you?" The girl sighed, looking towards the two boys who held their grins wide.

"We could, but don't you want the thrill of doing it? If you really don't want to then I will but it'll be fun, trust me" Sirius edged the girl, causing her to give in and lift up the bucket of red paint. The three waited eagerly for the boy to be in the exact right position and then she tipped forward the paint. Gallons of the red liquid fell from the bridge, landing right on top of the boys head.

He let out a gasp, looking up but the three had already started running away, laughter consuming their expressions as they raced towards the astronomy tower. "And if anyone asks?" James asked, looking towards the other two who summoned their study books into the palm of their hands.

"We were studying the whole time" Said Elora, placing her book on the floor and crossing her legs to sit down with the others. "For the end of terms exams of course" Sirius finished the girls sentence, placing his own book and quill on the stoned ground before him.

"Was the thrill enough for you, Elora?" James asked, running his eyes across the girls appearance, her smile had yet to fade, as she felt a rush of adrenaline from doing something so spiteful and completely out of character.

"Sure was" She grinned, pulling her knees up to her chest and placing her chin on top. "Summer starts next week, you know what that means" Sirius smirked, flicking through random pages of his book.

"Paris, museums, champagne?" Questioned the dirty blonde, the three beaming with the thought of the summer before their fifth year. They couldn't wait, for new spells, less rules, just all of the above.

"Im just excited to see Regulus again, I can't fathom the idea that he's been at Dumstrang for the past 5 months" Elora sighed, Regulus had been sent to Dumstrang half way into his fourth year at Hogwarts. Once his parents found out about his drug problem, they decided it was best to not only teach him a lesson, but to keep him away from their family and friends. A disappointment, she called him.