-which black brother will you choose?

𝓡egulus stood on the quidditch field alone, the rain in his hair and his broom clung in his hand

𝓡egulus stood on the quidditch field alone, the rain in his hair and his broom clung in his hand. She had left without him, and he knew then that despite everything, there was a good chance he was never going to get her back.

The marauders appeared on the field, climbing off of their brooms and each holding their breath as they wanted the frown on the young boys face fall even more at the sight of Elora climbing off behind Sirius.

"Regulus" Sirius spoke, although his words were a sudden mutter as the blonde stood beside him. "Don't" He spat, turning to walk away as Elora ran after him.

"Regulus wait please" She called out, grabbing for his hand but he pulled away from her, sharply turning his body around to face her, using his power to tower above her and make her feel weak against his presence.

"How could you, actually no, its because of him isn't it" Shouted the brunette as he pointed towards his older brother whose face fell at the sight. "What are you talking about" Elora spoke up, the rain falling harder and silencing their words.

"I've seen you with him, you never would've gone off with him before, you would have waited for me, even if I never showed but now" His words trailed off as he glared towards his brother who remained silent.

"Now you've chosen him" His words fell from his mouth like poison, and then his eyes trailed to Ariyah who happened to share the same dull expression. "Him, my brother" Regulus shook his head, his tears streaming from his eyes as the blonde opened her mouth to find the right words to say.

"It wasn't anything Regulus, I thought you would've caught up with us" She pleaded, walking intently behind his every step.

"Yeah, and I thought you would have waited" He said once more, using the back of his sleeve to wipe his eyes.

Elora stood still, watching the boy look behind him once more before disappearing towards the castle.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Regulus lay against his green stained room, his eyes facing the ceiling as he held his breathe and tried to close his eyes. "I wanted to be a hero" He said to himself, realising sleep was almost impossible due to his endless thoughts.

"Im a monster" He whispered, reaching for his glass and throwing it against the floor. The glass crashed against the stone, sending shards escaping in every direction.

"Look at yourself" He spoke, bending down to pick up a piece. It cut into his thumb, blood tricking in rivers against his rough skin.

"Monster" Regulus repeated as he made his way to his floor length mirror and took in the vision of himself. He wanted to picture a boy for his friends to be proud of, a home for him, Elora and Atlas. A perfectly painted portrait. But everything had gone so wrong, everything he believed in, and cherished had left him all alone.