xxxvi. love triangle

ੈ✩‧₊˚CHAPTER THIRTY FIVEchristmas at the grays✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

christmas at the grays✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

𝓔lora reached the great hall, a crowd of people circled around the Gryffindor table. With no sudden sign from Regulus, she immediately saw the boy, holding down his brother, a fist raised in the air and a stern expression on his face.

"Regulus stop!" Elora practically screamed, Ariyah running over to the commotion as the boy looked up, anger building up in his throat at the sight of the girl. Regulus dropped the collar of his brothers shirt, letting go and removing himself from the scene. "What the hell happened?" Ariyah asked, the blonde watching the boy walk away.

"Sirius made some joke about Christmas, he wasn't even being serious and Regulus just lost it" James spoke, his hand gripping Lilys tightly. "Are you okay?" The brunette asked the boy, helping him up and checking him for any damage. "Im fine Ariyah" He replied, gently pushing the girl away and standing to his feet.

"I'll be right back" Said Elora, her feet picking up a pace and heading in the direction of the Slytherin boy.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"What the hell is wrong with you" She shouted, storming towards the brown haired boy who showed no emotion at her presence. "Well?" She added, standing meters away and sharply crossing her arms. The harsh intake of her breath, and collision every time her foot hit the floor is what made Regulus laugh, he couldn't believe how unaware of everything she was, acting like it would all be okay, but the boy knew better.

"You're a fool Elora" Regulus said, standing on the bridge to admire the sunsetting, possibly his last. "And why is that?" She asked, inching forward slightly but still keeping a distance, she wanted a reaction from the boy, but he wasn't going to give her one. "Acting like everything is going to be okay, its not. We will be luckily if we make it out of this alive" These words stunned the girl, she had known the true horrors of Tom Riddle, but their own death never appeared to her.

"So threatening and hurting people is the right way to deal with it?" The blonde asked, holding her breath as she seeked his response. The boy continued to look outwards, flecks of golden in his hair becoming more clear against the harsh winds which left curls of hair dancing around. His jaw was sharper, as though he hadn't eaten in a while, his skin paler, but still fresh and soft at the touch, colder but her home.

"I wasn't going to hurt him" His lips finally formed the words, both his fists clenching tighter as the conversation went on. "Are you trying to convince me that or yourself?" She laughed, but her laughter wasn't from humour, part of her was scared, and he knew that.

"Both" Regulus said, flinching as her palms collided with his fists in attempt to soothe them, however this time it didn't work. "I thought back to slug horns party, how you chose to go out there with him, you chose to dance with him, to be with him"