xxiv. im in love with you

ੈ✩‧₊˚CHAPTER TWENTY THREEi love you ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

i love you *ੈ

𝓣he day the marauders had arranged to meet came around far too soon. The young girl fell anxious, the possibility of her childhood love being there engulfed her mind, at what could but wouldn't be.

She had chosen her outfits over and over again, an encipricle equation in which she couldn't figure out. "They're just clothes" Her older brother groaned, tired of the space being taken up on the couch.

"How I look matters" The girl replied, staring down at her brightly coloured dresses and frilly socks. "To who?" He responded, in which the girl didn't. She knew he would never be bothered about something as simple as an outfit, but now it was as though they were strangers once again and so everything mattered.

Finally she had chosen her outfits, placing them into her bag and sighing at the departure of her brother. "It isn't about the clothes is it?" Daniel spoke, walking over and placing the palm of his hand on the girls shoulder. She shook her head, they both knew what her new personality was all based from, how clumsy she had gotten, and her failure to laugh or smile at practically anything. Her brother even went to the extreme of acting out Peter Pan, but instead it brought her more grief from the boy who once acted as though he loved her.

"He will forgive you" The dirty blonde spoke, gathering his work things as the girl approached the door, a bag on her shoulder and a frown on her face. "Im not so sure" She spoke, clasping the door handle and entering the real world, one that would shape her future and determine everything.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Elora arrived at the log cabin, flew powder residence on her palms and mascara from the night before smudged beneath her eyelashes. She built up the courage, holding her breath and walking in. Sat sprawled in a circle on sofas and armchairs lay the marauders. Smiles on each of their faces and cards in their hands.

"Elle!" Ariyah exclaimed, climbing to her feet and running over to hug her best friend dearly. The brunette holding the blonde in her arms as the two rocked backwards and forwards. Elora was greeted by hellos and smiles from each of the other marauders, however Regulus Black was no where to be seen.

The blonde ran past the circle of friends, heading towards the open kitchen and yet nothing, running towards the dinning room but nothing. She headed towards the stairs, her hand colliding with the frame when Sirius spoke up. "He's not here Elle" Her almost brother whispered in the girls direction. Silence upon the others who only stared in awe.

"Yes I know—I was just looking around thats all" She replied, looking towards the ground and feeling utterly humiliated. Elora took a seat next to James, the boy wrapped his arm over her shoulder and pulling her close.