lvii. the horcrux

┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。CHAPTER FIFTY SIXthe horcruxes ₊˚ˑ༄

the horcruxes ˚ˑ

" 𝓦hy did you do that!" She snapped, pulling away from his hand aggressively and looking away from the boy, taking in the trees around them. "You gave me no chance to say goodbye, I just got him back Regulus" She continued to shout, watching the boy take no notice of her and instead begin to set up the tent.

"There are no time for hellos and goodbyes anymore, don't you realise that?" He snapped back, pulling the bag off of his shoulder and storming towards her. "Yes okay Daniel is alive and in an hour he could be dead"

The blonde fell silent, his words of poison swirling around in her brain. "Why would you say that, what good comes of you saying that!" She shouted, equally storming closer to her and clenching her fists.

He looked down, raising an eyebrow and settling his dark eyes back on here. "Well go on then, hit me" Regulus tried to convince the girl but she released her clench and looked away from him.

"That's what I though" He snapped, turning away and returning to the tent he was setting up.

"Where are we?" She asked, wanting to decrease the growing tension around the two. When she turned back around the tent was automatically made.

"Up north" He replied, walking into the tent with the bags in his hands. "Can you stop being cold with me" She walked after him, gasping at the size of the tent from the inside. It was bland but big, one large bed and a stove and table for eating. That was mostly it.

"I'm not" He replied, setting down the bags and beginning to unpack them. "What are we looking for first," She asked, walking closer to him but still keeping her distance. "I don't know Elora, no one knows anything" He snapped, throwing the bag against the floor and pulling at the roots of his hair.

"The locket" She spoke up, remembering a conversation she had with Tom a few years back. "What?" He asked, turning to examine her face intently. "We are looking for a locket, I remember Tom talking about it"

"Did he say where?" The girl thought hard but she didn't have anything.

"Well then that was useless wasn't it, it could be in Egypt for all we know" He snapped once more, leaving the items of clothing sprawled across the floor and walking towards the exit. "Where are you going?" She asked, walking after him but he turned sharply around to stop her.

"To make sure we are safe here, so Jesus Elora just keep out of my way"

The boy disappeared into the catastrophic night sky, absorbed by numerous stars which failed to illuminate it to their full ability, and an unsettling moon face, laughing at her insanity. Elora walked towards the double bed, taking her seat and holding her head in her hands.

Why was he being like this? What had she done? Or was he just sick and tired of constantly having to deal with everything she had gotten them into?