Escaping

Sorry for the late update, I was super busy today! I honestly didn't think I would enjoy writing this as much as I did. I hope you guys will enjoy it, too! Vote and comment if you'd like!                                                                                                                                    -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrien felt a sense of déjà vu wash over him as he grabbed Marinette's hand and started running.

They had done this before, but that had been years ago. It almost made him nostalgic, thinking about the time he had snuck out to see his mother's movie. So much had changed since then.

"I thought you said that the paparazzi wouldn't find us?" Marinette asked as they ran along.

"Sorry, m'lady." Adrien gave her a guilty look. "I guess our disguises weren't enough."

"It's okay, kitty. Reminds me of the first time we went to go see a movie together."

Adrien laughed, they really were in tune.

"If only our fourteen year old selves could see each other now." He teased.

"I think I'd have a heart attack." Marinette muttered.

"To be fair, I did warn you that you wouldn't be able to resist me." He smirked and Marinette gave him an unimpressed look.

"You were the one who couldn't form coherent sentences around me for five minutes after I dropped the mask."

"Well, excuse me for not expecting my girlfriend to be my superhero partner." He scoffed,

"And I didn't expect for my boyfriend to be my first love, but at least I could form proper sentences."

"Unlike the first nine months you knew me."

"You can just be quiet. Anymore and you'll lose hand-holding privileges."

"No! Not the hand-holding privileges! You're so cruel to me, Marinette." Adrien complained as they continued to run.

"You love me." Marinette smirked.

"That I do, bugaboo."

Marinette gave him a soft look.

"Adrien!"

"It's Adrien and his girlfriend!"

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng is with him!"

The cry of fangirls broke through the moment.

"Ready to run, m'lady?"

Her look molded into one of determination. It was a look that still got his heart to skip a beat, even after being her partner for five years.

"Of course. Make sure you can keep up, my prince." She winked and then sped off. 

Adrien laughed and sped up to catch her, the paparazzi following behind him.

He guessed that this was due to the new line his father had put out. Now that Adrien was over eighteen, his father had decided to change Adrien's image. Never mind he had a girlfriend of three years, his fans would apparently love the new line his father had concocted.

This was just as bad as the perfume ad! No, this was worse. That paparazzi had just wanted to meet him and get an interview. This paparazzi, however, yelled things that small ears shouldn't hear. Hell, Adrien felt like he shouldn't be hearing them.