✮XVIII✮

✦✦✦✦ Fallen General ✦✦✦✦

The one thing Sar'ika wants to do after today's events is talk to Leia, she needs advice, advice from the only mother figure she has left.

Wishing she could have five minutes to change out of her soaked clothes she quietly thanks Poe as he drapes his jacket over her shivering shoulders.

"Where's Leia?"

They approach D'acy and Sar'ika tilts her head to the side when she senses the sadness and fear coming from her.

"Commander, something has happened-"

"This is more important." Finn says.

Sar'ika pauses in her movements, jacket dropping to the floor, her going with it, her mouth gapes and eyes water as she stares blankly in front of her.

"Djarin?"

Poe drops beside her cupping her face for her to look at him, she latches onto his wrists, "Leia."

"Ad'ika."

Din walks forward slowly, head tilted in sympathy, she shakes her head pleadingly at him but he only nods.

Poe takes a step back allowing her father to wrap an arm around her waist and lift her up, "Why are you clothes wet?"

"I just drowned."

Din looks to Poe and Finn asking for a bit of context Finn shrugs while Poe nods, "Come on, Ad'ika," He sighs leading her away as Chewie lets out an agonising yell, "Let's get you cleaned up."

~~~~~

Poe lowers himself slowly and looks out over the rainforest, he knows this is where Sar'ika always disappears to.

When she first got appointed title of General and things got too much for her she'd disappear here and stare right over the edge, and he's right.

She pays no attention to him as he sits beside her, his arm newly bandaged, "There's a meeting in five."

"I know, I just-" She sighs, closing her eyes beneath her Mandalorian helmet and taking in a deep shuddering breath that makes his heart clench, "I couldn't receive any more sympathy looks, I'd had whipped my sabre out right there."

Poe hesitates, before reaching over and setting his hand on top of hers, she looks down at them but doesn't shift away. Instead she turns her hand over and links them together, squeezing his fingers briefly.

"I don't know if I can take another loss," She mutters, her voice carrying through the air between them, "It'd kill me."

He looks into her visor, his eyes holding a hidden depth, "I promise you, I will protect you from anything and everything..."

"But you can't from death." She finishes.

It's something Leia used to say, to both of them, "I know." She sighs squeezing his hand, "I know."

~~~~~

"Commander, General, Kijimi has been destroyed."

Poe and Sar'ika share a glance as they enter the room where everyone is gathered, "Kijimi? How?"

Sar'ika places a hand on his arm, the other one holding her helmet, "A blast from a Star Destroyer." D'acy sighs, "A ship from the new Sith fleet. Out of the Unknowns."

"The Emperor sent a ship form Exegol? Does that mean every ship in the fleet-"

Poe finishes for the member, "Has planet-killing weapons. Of course they do. All of them. This is how he finishes it."

Rose's brows rise suddenly, "Listen," She calls, the pair making their way over, "It's on every frequency."

"The Resistance is dead. The Sith flame will burn. All worlds, surrender or die. The Final Order begins."

Sar'ika closes her eyes tightly as she takes a deep breath in, "If we couldn't get anyone to fight back then, what are we going to do now?"

"They'll come," She nods looking at the member, "I know they will. Someone out there wants us to win. We have to believe it."

Rose looks to Sar'ika, "Leia made you acting General. What now?"

Sar'ika swallows, looking around at the eyes looking to her, she's been trained for this, but still, she feels put on the spot.

She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out, no sound, no amazing plan or words of wisdom.

Just a small broken breath.

Turning on her heel she leaves the room and the eyes of the people as she heads for someone she knows will give her all the helps he needs.

Leia.

Atlas {P.Dameron} On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara