✮XIII✮

✦✦✦✦ Something Really Stupid  ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Something Really Stupid ✦✦✦✦

"Djarin!"

Sar'ika pauses in lacing up her boots to look up at Poe, "Be careful out there."

"Always am, Dameron." She grins she finishes lacing up her shoes and stands tapping him on the shoulder, "Be careful."

He nods and they go their separate ways, Sar'ika leading a team out into the trenches as Poe gets into one of the ships.

Sar'ika stands beside one of the resistance members, red leaking through the white ground as her small footsteps make marks, she lifts a hand blocking out the sun as the man beside her uses binocs to look at the First Order, "Ground forces incoming."

She speaks into her comm link, "Copy that. On our way." Is the answer she receives from her partner.

They fly in above them and Sar'ika cringes as the old ships rock from side to side, "You think this is going to work, Commander?"

Taking in a deep breath she keeps her gaze on the ships, "Nope."

The soldier raises a brow and shakes his shoulders out as he goes back to looking at his gun.

"Alright, listen up. I don't like these rust buckers, and I don't like our odds, but- what the hell- just keep tight, and don't get drawn in too close till they roll that cannon out front."

"Always the optimist, right, Dameron?"

"You're just annoyed you can't be out here."

"No, no, I'm having the time of my life sitting in this old trench while you risk your life, really."

"Come on, Princess, do you really-"

"Will you two stop flirting and focus!" Finn yells into his comms as he grips the controls tighter.

"All right ground forces!" Sar'ika yells, "Let's lay down some fire!"

Everyone around her begins shooting at the First Order and she keeps her gaze forward watching Poe's ship get closer to them.

Ships fly in above them as the Walkers get closer, "Fighters break off!" Poe yells.

"Get down! Get down!" Sar'ika yells pulling the soldier beside her into the trench as greens blasts get shot towards them.

"You okay, Commander?"

She nods peeking up over the edge, "I'm about to do something really stupid, Davien."

"Commander?"

"Just, don't tell my dad, that's an order."

"What-?"

She jumps up from the trench, her father's pulse rifle in her hands as she shoots at the TIE fighters. She manages to shoot the two after Finn and then shoots the one after Poe, "Rose, you got three on you! I can't get 'em."

She curses loudly as the TIE fighter doges her shot, "I'm out!"

"I can't shake 'em!"

Suddenly the Millennium Falcon flies in above them shooting them down, all the fighters turn their guns from the Resistance and to the ship that flies above them.

"Oh, they hate that ship!"

"Get back inside!" Sar'ika shoves the injured soldier towards the other two beside her, "Take care of him!"

She runs over to a woman who is leaning back against the wall of the trench, "You okay?"

"I'm fine, Commander."

"Don't lie to me, Crystal." She says hooking her arm over her shoulders.

Crystal grunts, and clutches her leg, "I can't, leave me."

"Medic," Sar'ika yells into her comms, "I have a soldier down out here, I need a medic."

"Commander," Crystal grunts shaking her head, "I-I'm not going to make it, we both know it."

Sar'ika looks over the trench to see them getting closer to the First Order, "I'm not leaving you here, we'll get you in, get a medic for you and you'll be right as rain, all right?"

"Commander," Crystal looks up weakly, black spots dotting her vision and blood is coating her lips, her hands fall from the wound on her abdomen that she had been hiding, "Go."

Sar'ika shakes her head, instead choosing to sit beside her and hold her hand, "I'm not leaving you alone. I'll stay with you."

"Until the end?"

"The very end."

Crystal looks up at the clouds and blue sky above them, "It's funny," She coughs, "I always thought death would be scary, but this, it's peaceful, I can see them."

"Who?"

"My family, I'm going home now."

Sar'ika smiles weakly nodding as she squeezes her hand a little tighter, "You fought well, solider, you deserve to go home, to get some rest."

Crystal manages a weak squeeze of her hand in return, "Thank you, Commander."

"Sar'ika."

Crystal manages a smile before her head falls back and she stares up at the clouds, closing her eyes slightly Sar'ika takes in a large breath and closes Crystal's eyes for her before placing her hand down on her lap.

She looks down at her blood covered hands and wipes them on her pants, trying to rid the streak of blood on her face, "Well done, verd. /Soldier."