✮II✮

✦✦✦✦ Buir ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Buir ✦✦✦✦

Poe sighs as he lowers himself on the edge of the cliff, he dangles his legs over the edge and leans back on the palm of his hands staring up at the sky.

Sar'ika pretends she doesn't notice him as she continues to stare out into space.

"Okay, careful, careful."

The seven year old gripped the controls of the X-Wing tighter and pushes the button in front of her to lower herself back to the ground.

Kit cheered as Sar'ika jumped out of the cockpit, R3 being lowered behind her.

"Kandosii!/Nice on!" She cheered as she lifted her into the air spinning her around.

Sar'ika giggled, "Where's buir?"

"He's inside, jest got home."

"Can we go again tomorrow?"

Kit smiled setting her on the ground, "We can go every day, you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I'll always be here to help you."

Sar'ika looked up at her mother, "But what happens if you leave?"

Kit knelt before her, taking the necklace from around her neck and placing it on Sar'ika's "You see this?"

Sar'ika lifted it, the signet filling her small hand, and nodded, "Your buir gave this to me many years ago, and it always protected me, because a piece of your father was always with me when I had that. Now, a piece of both of us is always with you."

Sar'ika grabs a hold of the necklace she wears and closes her eyes as she rests her forehead on her closed fist.

Poe looks over at her silently, his hand reaching out to touch her but stopping before he can.

"Djarin."

She looks up at him and he can tell that she has been crying from the puffy cheeks, "It'll get better."

He promises, she closes her eyes again resting her head on her knees, he shifts closer to her and places a hand on her back rubbing soothing circles.

"Your father wants to see you." Poe says quietly.

She sighs and turns her head to look at him, "Thanks, Dameron."

"For what?"

She shrugs and gest to her feet, "Being you."

~~~~~

"How'd it happen?"

Din pauses in what he was doing, spoon hanging half way in the air, "The attack, her death, how'd it happen?"