✮XVI✮

✦✦✦✦  Rescue ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Rescue ✦✦✦✦

Sar'ika split up from Han and Finn a while ago, using the Force to guide her towards Rey, her comms beeps and she clicks the small button, "Any sign of her yet?"

"I'm working on it."

She hears Han grunt through the other end, "Be careful, Bo."

Sar'ika hides behind the wall as a group of Troopers pass, she looks over the edge and sees just the person she is looking for climbing up the wall, "Psst, Rey."

Rey's head snaps upwards and her eyes widen and she climbs down faster, "Rey, it's me, Sar'ika, I'm just wearing a helmet."

"Oh." Rey stops climbing, allowing the girl to climb down towards her, "What are you doing here?"

"Saving you, we've got to go, this place is gonna go 'ka-boom'."

"Han," She speaks into her comms, "Han? Kriff, they're not answering, something is jamming the signal."

"Follow me." The pair begin to climb up the wall, Rey helping Sar'ika get over the last part, she grabs both of her blasters holding one out towards Rey, but Rey shows her own.

Spinning the blasters in her hand she follows Rey through the corridor, the pair rounding the coroner and yelping as they come face to face with the other three.

"You all right?"

"Yeah." Rey nods.

"Good."

Han and Sar'ika walk away from them to check their coast is clear, "Han," She says quietly, "I know what you're going to ask, I didn't see him."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive, you didn't see him that night, he-" She stops shaking her head, "I just hope you know what you're doing."

"You know me," He shrugs, "I never know what I'm doing."

Sar'ika shakes her head watching him interrupt Finn and Rey, "Escape now, hug later."

They go into the elevator they used to get in and Chewie grabs Han's jacket handing it back to him, the man stares up at him and Chewie shrugs.

They watch as an X-Wing crashes before them, all of them jumping back, "They need help."

"We can't leave. My friends got a bag full of explosives. Let's use 'em."

Han turns handing one bag to Finn and having Chewie carry the other, "Bo, go with them."

"Han-"

"Go with them, we'll meet you back here."

She watches him walk away, "May the Force be with you!"

He sighs turning to look at her as he walks backwards, "May the Force be with you!" He yells back.

"Come on, let's go."

They run back inside, Sar'ika standing guard as Rey works on the doors. She shoves her hand into her pocket and hits something cold.

Bringing her hand back out she finds Han's gold dice, she holds them up into the light and smiles slightly before pocketing them in her belt reminding herself to give them to him later.

"Done."

They climb up to the top taking a hand full of bombs each and then taking a section each to plant them.

Sar'ika places the last one in an empty spot before a voice makes her freeze, "Ben!"

Heart pounding she slowly turns to see Han and Kylo facing each other on a large bridge across the middle of the room below them.

"Han Solo. I've been waiting for this day for a long time."

"Take off that mask, you don't need it."

Han slowly walks towards him and Sar'ika has to stop herself from calling out to him, "What do you think you'll see if I do?"

"The face of my son."

Sar'ika finds her hands syncing with Kylo's. Wanting to see his face with her own two eyes.

She pulls off her helmet, holding it under one arm as the other hand clamps down onto the railing in front of her.

"Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father. So I destroyed him."

She tightens her grip on the railing in front of her, it denting from her grip. She ignores the frost bite getting to her fingers that aren't covered by the leather of her fingerless gloves and leans closer to hear them.

"That's what Snoke wants you to believe-"

"What are you doing, Han?" She whispers to herself.

"-But it's not true, my son is alive."

Kylo shakes his head, "No. The Supreme Leader is wise."

"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you," Han steps forward again and Kylo takes a step back, "You know it's true."

"It's too late."

"No, it's not. Leave here with me. Come home. We miss you."

Sar'ika relaxes her grip slightly when she sees the lightness in his eyes, even from this distance she can see the fight going on behind his eyes, "I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?"

Han steps forward right away nodding, "Yes. Anything."

He drops his helmet beside him, the thud echoing through the empty space as he slowly holds his sabre in the gap between them.

Han takes a grip on it and Kylo nods, suddenly a red light fills the dullness.

"No!"

Sar'ika lets out a piercing scream as Kylo shoves the red lightsabre through Han's chest, her knees buckle beneath her as his body falls to the side into the empty pit below them.

"Han!"

She lets out a sob as she rests her head against the railing in front of her. Chewie roars and shoots at Kylo hitting him down. Sar'ika gets to her feet, eyes filled with rage as she lifts her own blaster towards him.

Kylo looks up eyes meeting hers and he watches as she breaths heavily and stares at him, both blasters trained on his head.

He holds his arms open tauntingly but both Finn and Rey run over to her, "We have to go, Sar'ika."

She makes no move, blasters still pointing at him, Rey steps in front of her breaking her line of sight, "Please."

She allows herself to get pulled away from the railing and towards the exit, "I'm gonna kill that, hut'uun./ Coward."