✮XI✮

✦✦✦✦ The Bridge ✦✦✦✦

"Where is he?"

Holdo and the group standing turn to look at the furious Sar'ika. The pilots holding them hostage turn away from her, "Where is, Dameron? Tell me or so help me Gods I will-"

"The bridge," Holdo interrupts, "I sure hope you can get through to him, the survival of the Resistance depends on it."

"Oh, something'll go through him," She promises, "A blaster shot." She says through gritted teeth.

"Seal that door!"

"Connix, you dare!" Sar'ika yells as she runs through the closing door.

"Dameron!"

She storms over to him and grabs him by his shirt, "Are you out of your mind?"

The golden droid tries waddling away but Poe looks over at him, "Threepio, where do you think you're going?"

"It would be quite against my programming to be party to a munity."

"Hey!" Poe yells over at him.

Sar'ika tightens her grip forcing him to look at her, "Don't look at him, look at me, what are you doing?"

A few of the members shakily train their blasters on her but Poe shakes his head at them telling them not to shoot.

The doors begin to get opened form the other side and Poe pulls Sar'ika behind him as he faces the door his blaster pointing towards it, "Dameron."

"Shut up."

"Drop your weapons! Rebel scum! Get down!"

"Well done, Captain, your plan worked perfectly." Sar'ika says sarcastically.

"They didn't make it!"

The door bursts open and Poe stands pulling Sar'ika fully behind him, "Leia."

Leia stands before them, still in her hospital clothing; she sighs and lifts her blaster stunning him. Sar'ika quickly moves out of the way as he gets sent backwards.

Slowly, Connix and Threepio lift their hand in surrender as Sar'ika kicks Poe to see if he's still alive, "Did you kill, Dameron?"

"No, he's stunned."

"Good," She nods, "Because I'm going to kill him."

~~~~~~

Sar'ika sits beside the unconscious Poe, R3 at her feet watching them both carefully, "You're so stupid." She mutters leaning forward to look at him better.

Sighing she pushes the hair form his face and turns to look out the window as they slowly lift into the air.

Poe gasps awake making her flinch back as he sits upright, "No, no, no." He runs over to the window and Sar'ika rubs her temples as she watches him hit the window.

"Sar'ika..."

"Poe." Leia calls from where she sits the other side of Sar'ika, he looks back at them both and slowly walks over to them.

He looks to where Leia is looking to see a planet that they're approaching, "What is that?"

"The mineral planet, Crait." D'acy speaks up, "An uncharted hideout from the days of the Rebellion."

"That's a Rebel base?"

"Abandoned, but heavily armoured with enough power to get a distress signal to our allies scattered in the Outer Rim."

"Holdo knew the First Order was tracking our big ship, they're not monitoring for little transports."

Poe slowly sits between Leia and Sar'ika, "So we could slip down to the surface unnoticed and hide till the First Order passes. That could work."

"She was more interested in protecting the light that she was seeming like a hero."

Leia takes he bracelet that leads Rey back to them from Sar'ika an places it back onto her own wrist.

The ship shakes suddenly as one of the transports are blown up beside them, "No."

Sar'ika runs to the window watching as one of the transports set aflame, "No!"

She hits on the window desperately hoping the one that holds her father hasn't been hit. "No, full speed, go, go!"

"Djarin." Poe says quietly trying get her to stop shouting, "Djarin!"

She looks to him and swallows thickly as he shakes his head, "Is this it?" She questions.

He sighs placing his hands on her shoulders as they both look to the window to see another transport blow up in front of them.

Poe pulls her into his chest, closing his eyes as he feels her own arms hesitantly wrap around his waist.

He places a hand on her head and they both stare out the window as more of their fellow resistance members' ships get blown up.

"She's running away." Connix says in disbelief.

They part and walk up behind her to see the larger ship they had just left slowly turning away, "No, she's not."

There's a bright light and they all flinch as the ship goes through the First Oder's.

Sar'ika jumps back into Poe's chest, he sets hand on her shoulder bringing her further into him. "What did she do?"

"Gave us a chance, gave us hope."