✮XIV✮

✦✦✦✦ Incoming ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Incoming ✦✦✦✦

"Djarin, where are you?"

"In the trench why?"

"In coming!"

She jumps as Poe slides into the trench behind her, "Damer-"

Poe grabs her am bringing her down into his chest as he ducks, covering her head with his arms he buries his own head in the crook of her neck.

"Go, go, quick!"

He pushes her and a few other soldiers left through the opening in the ground, "Dameron, wait, Finn and Rose."

"He'll come."

"Dameron, I can't leave Crystal out there."

"There's no time, Djarin."

"I can't leave her, I can't-"

Poe grabs her by the shoulders, "She's gone," He cups her face forcing her to look at him, "She's gone, Djarin, there's nothing we can do, going out there will only put more of us in danger."

Sar'ika furrows her brows as she looks past his shoulder, "Djarin? You in there?"

She pushes his hands away and walks through the corridor to get to the main hanger and freezes, "Uncle Luke?"

"Djarin!" Poe whisper yells but pauses when he sees the cloaked figure.

Luke slowly turns as Sar'ika stands before him and he smiles at her, "Little Flower."

Sar'ika takes careful steps forward, aware of the many eyes of the resistance on them, including her father's. "Are you-?"

"Yes." He nods.

He stands completely in front of her and holds out his hand, raising brow she allows him to drop the golden dice in her hands along with the flower bracelet he had gotten her as a child.

He takes a small object out of his robe and then hands it to her, "How did you-?"

"Ar-too."

She shakes her head, her hands wrapping around the old lightsabre that belonged to her mother, the one she had given to BB-8 a few months ago. At the time she wanted to keep it safe, then she never wanted to see it again, now, she's thankful its back with her.

Luke smiles down at her and leans forward placing a kiss on her forehead, "She's proud of you, Little Flower."

He turns away, robes flowing behind him, "Wait, Uncle Luke!" She calls after him.

He pauses and she walks up, hooking the lightsabre onto her belt, "Why?" Is all she asks.

He sighs and turns back to her, "You were a great Padawan, even greater Jedi Knight, but I couldn't train you."

"I'm no Jedi." She says shaking her head.

"It's a pity," He hums, "You'd have put the rest of us to shame."

He turns away, walking through the open doors leaving her to stand in his shadow. She flinches as they begin to fire at him.

"Djarin." Poe calls running over and tugging on her arm, "We found a way out, come on."

She remains planted watching the dust and salt lift into the air revealing an unaffected Luke, "Djarin, we have to go."

Poe looks back to Finn, Leia and Din hoping to get a little help, "Djarin, please."

She looks to him finally but makes no move, "Go."

"What?"

"Ad'ika," Din finally steps forward, nodding for Poe to go on but he doesn't move, "There's nothing you can do."

They follow her gaze to see what she is staring at, "It's not worth it."

"Not in your opinion."

"Ad'ika." Din says in a warning tone.

She stares at Kylo Ren as he stands before Luke, "Dameron?"

He nods and she sighs handing over the dice and bracelet, "Remember that mission on Dantooine?"

"Really?"

"Do you trust me?"

He sighs and nods, "I do."

"Good."

She looks to her father and give shim a nod, "Ad'ika."

"I'll be fine."

She walks forward ready to begin her plan but he grabs her, "It's fine, buir, I just need to give you enough time to get everyone out of here."

"What about you?"

"I'll be along, just keep the door open for me."

"Sar'ika."

She nods her head trying to convince herself as she summons some of the Force and looks back at Leia nodding her head, the General nods her head in return and Sar'ika turns back to the open door watching as Luke and Kylo fight, "I need to do this, for Mum."

She flinches as she sees the red sabre but moves forward, "Djarin!"

She looks over her shoulder at Poe who has run forward, managing to pass both Finn and her father who try to stop him, "You said you trust me."

"I do."

"Then why are you still here?"

"I just-" He steps forward but hesitates as she raises one of her bros, "Come back to me, alright."

She takes in a shuddering breath and nods, "All right."

He takes another step forward and goes to reach forward but stops himself, "Be careful."

"We say that a lot."

"I know."

"We're never careful."

"I know."