✮VIII✮

✦✦✦✦ Burc'ya Veman ✦✦✦✦

There's an explosion that brings both Poe and Sar'ika from their thoughts, Poe gets to his feet watching as one of their ships is blown up.

"Finn, Rose, where are you guys?"

Poe begins pacing going over the plan repeatedly under his breath.

Sar'ika massages her temples tying to ignore the echoing sounds of his footsteps that cause the anxiety inside her to rise with each step, that little voice in the back of her head getting louder with the steps, "Dameron..."

"Okay, so they go to Canto Bight..."

"Sar'ika..."

"Dameron."

"They get the codebreaker and get to the ship."

"Sar'ika Djarin, rightful ruler of Mandalore..."

"Dameron." She raises her voice a little higher but keeps her tone soft.

Poe continues to pace as he chews on his nail, "They get back, and sneak on the ship..."

"Give in to it, you know it's the right thing to do..."

"Dameron, please."

He stops and turns to look at her raising his brows asking her 'what?', "What happens if they don't make it?"

"What?"

She looks over her shoulder at him and it's now he sees the dread in her eyes, the loss, the grief the pain and sadness, the fear and anger.

She's lost so much in the past week, Han, her mother, Paige, Rey left, Chewie left and now Leia's barley conscious.

She's barley keeping it together.

"What happens if they fail? And then we get caught?"

Poe walks over to her as she turns back to look at Leia, "Will they slaughter us like animals? Keep a few of us to show 'this is what happens when you ty to stop us'?"

He furrows his brows as he sits back in his seat watching her carefully, "I'm twenty one years old, I don't wanna die, I've barley lived."

"You won't." She turns to look at him, questioning how, "I'll make sure of it, I promise."

She sighs, her eyes falling down to her hand that holds Leia's, "I'm sorry." He mutters. She looks over at him gesturing for him to explain, "Don't make me say it again."

"For?"

"Saying you have no friends, shouting at you, that time when I filled your shoes with fuel... The list goes on."

"Yeah well, you're right." She shrugs her shoulder slightly and he scoffs.

He raises one of his brows at her, "You have friends."

"Oh, yeah, who? Everyone here either hates me or just tolerates me."

Poe gestures to the droid sat beside her and she gives him an unimpressed look, "Okay, what about Finn? BB? Threepio? Connix? Rose? Rey? Me?"

"You?"

"Yeah, me."

"In your dreams, Dameron." She teases and nudges his shoulder.

His eyes watch her as she smiles and shakes her head and he finds himself smiling too, "Yeah, in my dreams always, Djarin."

She turns to face him again the smile still there, and he wishes she would always look at him that way, even though he enjoys it when she shouts at him and when she gets angry, he likes this even better.

"Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman."

"What does that mean?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "I'll tell you one day, Dameron."

~~~~~

There's a slight groan of pain and the pair who were half asleep jump upright to see Din walking in behind them, "Does no one in this family understand the term bed rest?"

Sar'ika ignores him as she gets up, "You feeling better?"

He nods, "Much. Whats going on?"

"We don't know, Dameron got us band from the bridge."

"Hey," He points an accusing finger at her, "You took a great part in it."

"Oh, really? Mr. Trigger-happy?"

Poe rolls his eyes and shakes his head as he sinks further back into the chair, "Do we know what they're planning?"

"According to Connix. Nothing."

Din scoffs and walks out, "Where are you going?"

"To talk to the Admiral, on behalf of your mother."

"Dad! Dad, wait, you can't just-"

She mutters in Mando'a under her breath and scoffs as she returns to her seat, "I like him." Poe mutters as he leans his head back.

Sar'ika glances over at him, giving him a disapproving look to which he raises his hands with a smirk.