✮I✮

✦✦✦✦ Unknown Ship ✦✦✦✦

"Any news?"

Leia shakes her head, "None, I'm sorry."

Sar'ika curses herself, trying to move her arm in the new sling she has been forced to wear, "Sar'ika," Leia raises a brow and walks over to readjust the sling for her, "They'll be fine."

"It's been days, Leia, they haven't answered, the last we heard from them, they were under attack."

Leia sighs, "I have known your mother and father for many, many years, they always make it out alive."

Sar'ika sighs and leans forward, Leia wrapping her arms around her in response and rests her chin on her head, "They'll be okay."

"General!" Poe yells running over. Leia pulls back and looks up with a sigh, "There's an unknown ship landing."

Leia and Sar'ika raise their brows and then walk towards the ship.

The ship is falling apart, a piece of metal hits the floor as it fully lands, the door opens slowly and a green droid rolls out.

"Ar-three?"

The droid rolls over to Sar'ika and she crouches in front of it, "How'd you get here?"

The droid beeps something and she looks up at the door before slowly walking towards it, Poe catches her arm before she can move, "What are you doing?"

"He said it's an emergency."

"So you're going to walk into a mysterious ship alone?"

"Yes, Dameron, yes I am."

She shrugs out of his grip but a figure emerges from the ship and her heart drops.

Din Djarin limps from the ship with a grunt, holding his side, "Buir?"

"Lower your blasters." Leia orders to the members surrounding the ship.

Sar'ika walk forward quickly before Din can collapse to the floor, Poe runs over helping her with his weight, "Buir? Can you hear me, dad?"

Poe loops one of his arms over his shoulder ordering Snap to come over and help with the other as Sar'ika follows behind them.

They take him to the medical bay and one of the doctors stop her form entering, "Don't take off his helmet." She calls to the other doctor.

"Commander, please." She says trying to remove her from the room.

The commander fights back trying to get to her unconscious father, "Hey, hey, hands off buddy, don't touch his helmet, you listening to me?"

The other doctor sighs and nods his head "I'm listening, Commander."

"Is he okay?"

"Please, you have to leave."

"I just want to know, is he okay?"

The doctor pulls her back but she struggles in their grip, "Please."

"Commander."

"No, he's my father let me stay with him."

Poe sighs and walks out of the room after making sure Din has been laid down, "He's going to be fine, Djarin, come on."

"No, wait, dad!" She struggles again.

Poe wraps an arm around her waist being careful of her injuries and pulls her away from the room, "They need to fix him up, he'll be fine."

"Don't touch his helmet!"

Poe drags her away quickly but she fight in his hold, "Djarin, Djarin."

He drops her and turns her quickly forcing her to look at him, "He'll be fine."

"But-"

"He'll be okay, I'll wait with you, okay?"

She sighs and nods her head, he leads her over to the side and she leans against the wall before sliding down it.

Poe slides down the wall beside her and leans his head back, he lifts the necklace she had given him from under his shirt and hangs it around her head.

She looks back at him, and he lets the crest go allowing it to fall to her chest. She sighs and looks back to the door in front of her and Poe places his hand on her knee.

"He'll be okay."

R3 rolls around the corner and beeps something as he stops beside them, "You did good, Ar-three, I promise."

~~~~~

Leia leaves the room where they were healing Din to find Poe and Sar'ika asleep opposite the door and R3 standing guard in front of them.

As the door closes Poe jumps awake closing his eyes again when the lights are too bright, "Is he okay?" He shifts slightly, making sure he doesn't wake the Commander beside him.

"He's fine." Leia sighs and crouches in front of Sar'ika, she shakes the girl lightly, "Sar'ika, come on, get up."

The girl groans lifting her head to see Leia looking back at her, "Your father is awake."

She gets to her feet quickly and pushes her way inside, "Buir?"

Din groans sitting up but she stops him and pulls a chair up next to his bed grabbing a hold of his gloved hand, "What happened?"

"My helmet."

Sar'ika sighs and gets to her feet she looks out to see Poe still leaning against the wall, his head in his hands and then she shuts the blinds and locks the door.

She walks back over and helps him take off the helmet before setting it at his side, "What happened, dad?"

He closes his eyes and takes in a shaky breath, "Sar'ika, your mother..."

"What?"

"She..."

Din opens his eyes and looks back at her, "No."

He nods his head and she stands quickly, "No," She repeats and steps back, "Don't lie to me."

"Sar'ika-"

"Don't lie to me."

"Gar buir jatnese be te jatnese. / Your mother is the best of the best."

Sar'ika bites down on her lip, "Gev jehaat. / Stop lying."

"Ni ceta, ad'ika. /I'm sorry, daughter."

The girls stares at her father, the tears that are falling down his face as he mourns the loss of his wife, she shakes her head again, "No."

She rips open the door ignoring his broken calls after her, "Sar'ika!"

She ignores it and slams the door shut before storming her way through the base towards Leia, "Tell me- please, he's lying, right? Right?"

Leia's eyes cast towards the floor knowing what the question is, "Leia," The General keeps her eyes on the floor, "Leia, look at me! Tell me he's lying, please."

She shakes her head and Sar'ika has to take a step back as a sob leaves her lips, "No."

"I'm sorry."

"No-she, she can't be dead, she's my mother she can't leave me here."

"Sar'ika..." Leia says softly.

The girl shakes her head harshly pulling herself out of Leia's grip and turns on her heel to leave.