Chapter 19

I manage to keep dodging the dragon lady for three days. Every time she looks at me she diverts her eye instantly. I have a feeling that she is not done with me yet.

I stretched back on my bed enjoying my day off. It was rare for me to lay on this soft bed. I turned on my side to reply back to a text message from Nova. She is really loving Paris. She stated that she will pay for my flight out there once I accumulate some vacation hours.

She was a proper friend to me especially once I told her what happened at Lexi engagement party and Facebook. She found the whole thing hilarious sharing the post of Lexi and Donny in an instant. The papers went wild with Lexi's sex tape. Every time I turn on E! she seems to be in the lime light. She should thank me that I made her famous like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian instead she is blasting me as a jealous ex-girlfriend of her fiancé.

I grimaced as I checked my Facebook as most of her pictures that she is tagged in are done by paparazzi. Of her going bridal shopping, next she was eating in bistro. I rolled my eyes at the fame seeking bitch.

I had to field emails and phone calls from the press for the past couple of days. Thankfully Casey managed to get the calls diverted. Good thing they do not know that I am currently residing at the Wentworth manor.

Speaking of phone calls I went back to my text message to send a text back to my sister. She has recently started dating a guy. She says he is originally from out of state. I sent a text back to my mum ensuring her that I was fine after some reporters turned up at her doorstep looking for me she got a bit worried.

After a couple of hours lounging in my room I decided to take a walk out of the mansion. After talking with Casey things were made a lot easier especially as the dragon lady has been avoiding me so she wouldn't be asking me any questions.

I put on a new polka dot sundress that I was meaning to wear since I brought it, today would be the day. I picked up my bag ready to leave when my eyes landed to that ring on my left finger. It still would not come off. I have used soap, powder nearly anything I could find to dislodge it.

I hummed to myself as I walked down the corridor. The mansion was a big place. I have grown to love it. Especially when I walk around at night. There are so many rooms that lay unoccupied here. Especially in the east wing. Ashley normally stays in three rooms. His study, the gym and his bedroom.

"Where are you off too?"

I froze with my hand on the banister. "Oh Casey it's you." I let out a breath. "I am going to go shopping."

"Shopping!" She squealed shaking her hands in the air. "I come with."

I shook my head, I do not want the attention that hangs around with a Wentworth. "It's ok I do not use the same shops as you do. You get bored."

"Huh." She placed her hand on her hip, looking outraged. "I am not a snob. I been to Walmart once."

I laughed at her then waved her over to me. "Come on then."

We walked down the steps to the main door, when I was about to turn right she stopped me. "Where you going?" She asked confused.

"To my car." I said simply in terms she would understand.

She rolled her eyes at me. "l have a driver come along." She walked past the main doors. Where the Bentley pulled up.

I shook my head at the whole situation. The rich is always frivolous with their money. The driver took us to Hollywood boulevard.

We walked on the popular stretch wearing sunglasses. I was so happy that I decided to wear my dress today. The heat was almost unbearable.

"Let's go and get a drink before shopping." Casey said as if reading my mind. "Shopping is after all thirsty business."