Chapter 25

Uploaded 25/02/2015
Edited 3/12/16
Chapter Twenty Five

I gulped out of fear subconsciously moving my hand out of Ashley's lap to wrap around myself. His blue eyes darted to me at my sudden movement.

I did not know what to believe, I could not believe that Brandon would insert someone into my family's life. Just for sake of a bracelet.

I turned my face away from Ashley when he looked at me with confusion. I shook my head at his silent question. I don't want him to think that I was pulling away from him because of his secret. We dealt with all that on the plane.

He reached for my hand to take it away from being tucked inside my armpits. We interlocked fingers with his thumb rubbing circles on the outside of my hand. Just that tender motion helped me relax a moment.

"I am just so happy that you settled down," Sammy carried on oblivious to my internal struggles with her new boyfriend. "I was worried that you would settle for that loser Donny."

My eyebrows rose to my hair lines. "I thought you liked Donny."

She shook her head at me. "I only put up with him cause of you. He seemed so stuck up and did not seem like he wanted to bond with me. Every time I went up to LA I felt like I was a burden to you guys."

David put his arm around Sam to give her a one armed hug. "Don't let that dickhead put you down."

I barely glanced at him feeling like whatever I am saying would be repeated to Brandon. "You never told me that was how you felt."

Sammy gave me a small smile it did not reach her eyes. "I thought you were happy. That is all that matters that you have found a man to make you happy." She nodded in Ashley's direction.

I looked back towards Ashley our eyes meshing together over the comment that Sam made. It was true that Ashley does make me happy, I found myself wanting to more around him. Wanting to explore his mind, spend some more time in his company. His blue eyes regarded me in the same fashion. I could just drown in his blue depth. Just like the ocean, blue as the sky. Electricity zinged between us pulling us together.

I pushed my lips out accepting the small chaste kiss that he placed on my lips. It was fleeting, however romantic at the same time. It was softly placed that it did not make a sound.

"Aww...." My mother broke the spell dabbing at her eyes with a handkerchief. "This is what I always wanted for my girls."

I reached over to take my mother's hand in my own. My heart felt heavy, what was between me and Ashley was hot and confusing but married we are not. As soon as we get back home this fake engagement need to be called off. I keep saying that I am going to do it but something always gets in the way.

"How long are you staying in DC for?" Mum gave me large smile patting my hand then pushed me back in my chair.

I felt Ashley's arm came round my shoulders to push me flush against him he twirled a lock around my hair around his finger. "We are staying for a couple of days." Ashley stated. "I have some business to attend while we are here."

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "You sure?" I asked. "This trip was sudden."

He nodded his head. "I have been meaning to come to this state for some time now. Whilst I here I can hold some meetings that had been delayed."

I gave him a tight smile as if I knew what the hell he was talking about.

"You can stay in your old room." My mother looked towards Ashley as if deciding whether or not to let him stay. She always had a rule that no man is allowed to stay overnight at home. Now we are grown adult women so I wonder if the same rule would apply. "You can stay with Katryna, Ashley but the bed is kind of small but I can pull out the sofa if you like."