Chapter 29

Uploaded 17/04/2015
Edited 7/12/16

Chapter Twenty Nine

I felt like I had a hot potato in my pocket throughout the entire day. As soon as I found the bracelet in Ashley Red room I put in my pocket and left. Like an idiot I decided to go downstairs to check in to work.

The dragon lady was on duty like she always was, soon as she saw my face she set me to working with Suzy for the day. She did not mention my sudden disappearance because we both know who I was with.

I checked the clock on the wall in Casey's room. From what I gathered from Suzy, Casey has been spending a lot of time on Campus her room was in immaculate shape. I don't know why we have to clean it everyday I doubt the young woman would notice a spec of dust.

I sighed as the clock chimed four pm. I had two hours to go till I can go and rest in the east wing. My hand went back to the hidden pocket in my uniform fingering the bracelet.

It felt hot to my touch as if I knew I should not be touching it. I kept going over in my mind why this item would be so important to Brandon. Why he would be searching for it.

I should have given it to him the moment I saw him today in the staff room. He was over on one side talking with a group of butlers whilst I sat with the girls as I listened to them gossip over this new party that meant to be happening sometime this week. After being introduced to Ashley group of friends it would be certainly embarrassing for me to be serving them.

I started to toy with the bracelet in my hand as uncertainty flashed all over my face. If I give him the bracelet then this should be the end of the blackmail. He should leave my family alone. I have the thing he wants. This should just be like a simple business arrangement. I hand over the goods and then we both go on our little merry ways. I have a feeling that things were not as simple as that.

I took the item out my pocket I never truly looked at it before. It looked like to be made out of real gold. It had many charms on there. I held it up closer to my face to try and make out the inscription that was written on the little gold ballet shoe.

"How did you get that bracelet?" Suzy snatched the gold charm bracelet out of my surprised hands. "How did you get this?" Suzy shouted louder waving the charms in my face.

"I..." I stammered. Unsure of whether I should tell her the truth of the location. "I found it in the East wing."

"His wing." She sneered. She flung it back at me I caught it in mid air.

"How do you know about this bracelet?" I asked her instead ignoring her tones of hostility.

"That bracelet belongs to her." Suzy started packing up the cleaning equipment.

"Who?" I grabbed her by the arm. If I have more knowledge on what I am doing it will help me in my fight against Brandon.

She tied the cable around the vacuum cleaner walking towards the door. Her hand stilled on the door handle. She turned to face me I could tell that she was struggling to say what was on her mind.

She turned again as if she was going to leave the room but faltered. My ears could not pick up on what she was murmuring.

"What did you say?" I began to walk towards her.

"I said that the cursed bracelet you are holding belonged to The Maid." She gave the not so lucky charm a dirty look then sped off down the corridor.

My mind was in a whirlwind of emotions. Who was the maid that she was referring to? I felt as if I was in a dream when I packed away my work space then made my way to the staff room.