Chapter 3

Chapter Three

"What's this?" I asked confused after reading the letter from Lexi.

"I am serving you with your eviction notice." Lexi said with a smirk on her face moving from the kitchen to the living room once she saw my hand tighten around the handle of the knife as I was preparing dinner.

"But I have a week left." I placed the knife on the chopping board to follow her out into the open plan living area.

"I think it is highly unlikely that you would be able to find a job within a week hmm.." She said to me over her shoulder as she plonked herself down on the sofa.

"Why are you doing this Alexandra?" I pleaded with her. "I thought we were friends. We known each other for nearly six years! Six god damn years!"

She picked up the remote to switch on the tele, so I moved into her line of vision. "Kat? What is your problem?"

"My problem?" I twisted my neck to get a better view of her. "Ever since last year. You have been treating me with some sort of attitude."

"All I'm saying is that you should find somewhere else to live." She leaned back into the sofa ignoring me to watch the News.

I smiled at her. "That's alright. I'm moving on up. Donny said I could move in with him anyways." I took my cell out from my side pocket to send a text message to Donny.

"What?" Lexi leaned forward her television program forgotten. "He actually said that? That you are allowed to live with him?"

"Hmm hmm." I nodded at her trying to concentrate on the text I was about to send.

* Donny! x Lexi is being a bitch. So I'm crashing at urs nxt week xoxo Kat *

I hit the send button before it gets saved to my drafts. I looked over at Lexi before bending down to rip the eviction letter in her face.

The pieces fell like snowflakes around her pedicured feet. "Ain't that a bitch?" I said to her as I walked to my bedroom.

I was too pent up with anger to complete dinner. The anger that was directed at Lexi was eating me up. I don't know why she had it in for me. It seems like nothing I ever do is right. For the past couple of weeks I been looking for a job. Attending interviews. Saying what they would like to here. Looking like how they would expect me to look.

Most of the bars that I went to already had contacts with my precious employer. Therefore they wouldn't hire me. These past couple of weeks. I got desperate and applied for anything including cleaning. Even though the pay is below average I could use the money till something else came along.

However they kept telling me that I am over qualified for cleaning and domestic work. How the hell could you be over qualified for that I do not know.

I found my old beaten up purple suitcases hidden underneath my wooden double bed. I pulled them out to lay them open on the bed.

"So it has come to this?" I breathed on a sigh. I thought by coming to L.A I would get my big break.

"Why are you packing?" Nova asked entering my room without a knock.

I looked at the time on my wristwatch. Nova must of made it here in record time as she meant to of finished work five minutes ago.

"Lexi served me with an eviction notice three hours ago." I said deadpan taking my clothes out of my draws.

"What!" I heard Nova shout outraged. "She can't do that."

"She gave me a week. But I am not going to stay here, where I am not wanted." I folded my garments into my second suitcase. I didn't know that I had amassed such a large wardrobe since coming to this sunny city. "I texted Donny to tell him I be staying with him."