Chapter 31

Uploaded 08-05-2015
Edited 7/12/16

Chapter 31

I sat in my chair staring into space. My mind has been a whirl these past couple of days since Brandon revealed what was hidden in the bracelet. Every time I saw his slimy face at work he had a hidden smile especially for me. I couldn't get pass the feeling inside me that something bad is going to happen.

I crossed my legs tapping my foot on the side of my thigh. I didn't get the chance to see Ashley these past couple of days too. Casey stated to me that he had to go to New York and then DC. Since he resumed control of the family business he seemed to be jetting off at last minute.

I still felt bad about asking him about Michelle we haven't talked about us since then. Or is there still an us? I let out a deep sigh to stand up then walked into my kitchen area.

I noticed that my food remained untouched on the dining table. I felt nauseous just looking at the plate. Stress and me don't do so well, I walked the length of the room and back again. I need to tell Ashley about the Brandon and what he was doing. The question rolling through my mind was how I was meant to tell him, without giving myself away. Last thing I want Ashley to feel is that I was with him to spy on him or I was some sort of thief.

My Iphone buzzed on the side I swiped the screen to see a message from Nova asking how I was. I hate it that my best friend was so far away. If she was here I would be able to tell her about the whole blackmail situation. Instead I laid back in the bed to text letting her know that I was fine.

"Why aren't you dressed?" Casey came striding through the door like she owned the place.

"Why can't you knock?" I snapped at her. I am fed of people intruding on me, I quickly texted Nova to tell her that I am definitely going to find us an apartment when she flies back to L.A next month. "Better yet ring..."

Casey raised her eyebrows at me. "Who put a bee in your bonnet?"

I ignored her to sit on the sofa pulling my legs up to my body, and then reached for the remote to switch on the television.

Casey walked around to stand in front of my face. "I know my brother has been gone for a couple of days, sexual frustration does not do this too a woman."

I let out a small laugh. "I am not sexually frustrated." I announced. Funny how when I was with Donny I couldn't get enough of my rampant rabbit. Now since I been getting serviced regular from Ashley my p'ussy could certainly tell the difference.

My womb clench at the thought of welcoming Ashley back with open arms, or as I rather open legs.

"Then why are you still sat here?" Casey looked down at me waving her arms gesturing to all of the apartment.

"Because I live here." I said slowly as if she was dim witted.

She huffed. "You know what I mean. You were meant to come meet me in my room an hour ago."

I moved my head to the side to look on the wall clock. "Oh yeah I should of." I looked back to her. "And you just noticed now that I wasn't there?"

Her cheeks went rosy at my observation. "That is besides the point. I came all the way here."

"You could have called me." I told her in a dull tone. "That would of saved you a two minute walk. This place is enormous after all."

She placed her hands on her hips giving me an don't mess with the rich bitch attitude stance. "Well you're  late so come with me."

I swung my legs to the side so that I was sitting up facing her. "Casey I am not in the right mood for company right now."

Just being around Ashley little sister was too much for me right now especially when they have someone intent on doing harm in their family. Every time I am around them I feel like there is some hidden neon sign pointing to my head with a signal that I am hiding a secret.