Chapter Twenty

Updated 02/Feb/2015
Edited on 5-9-16

Chapter 20

"Please take our belongings to our room." Casey said to Alfred the butler as soon as we stepped in the main entrance of the mansion.

Brandon was there beside him looking at me and Casey with confused look on his face. "She means her room." I said with almost a raised panic voice. Last thing we wanted was word getting out that I am living in their house.

Casey barely glanced at the help to grab my hand to drag me upstairs to her room. Her face seemed to be set in a serious way. I sat on the sofa by her bed to watch Casey pace the room.

"Ashley is going to go mad." Casey turned to face me. "Why did Lexi have to do that? Now things are going to get more difficult."

"What are you talking about?" I asked her. She paused for a second in her pacing to turn to face me.

"You still don't have a clue do you?" Casey took out her phone to place a call. "Hans? It's Casey, there's been an incident. I think the press is going to run with it any time now. We need to minimise the impact." She was quiet for a moment listening to the person on the other end. "Yeah, you can see that on the blogs now? That was quick. Mm" She hummed. "I do not think we can keep this from him. I speak to Ashley. Yeah I have Katryna here with me now... I make sure she does that."

Casey hung up the phone to look towards me. "The press has footage of the fight. They now know that it was you that posted the sex tape. The storm is getting bigger. We are going to offer a press release. I was there so now I am involved and where I go, speculation goes. Hans is our PR I think he interviewed you for your job."

I leaned back on the couch taking in all her information. Why did I have to hit Lexi? I should of just left things alone.

"Why would Ashley be angry?" I watched her from my position still to look over at me. "Why would he be angry?" I repeated.

Casey gulped. "I did not mean angry per seh. It is just that you're his" She shrugged her shoulders as if she said something an idiot should know. "Ashley is just over protective. He would see it more as a federal crime that some tried to hurt you." My ears twitched to hear the last whispered comment. "And then he might punish her."

I almost snorted at that last comment. I had felt and seen what sort of punishment he likes to deliver.

"Best you call your family to tell them that they might be harassed for the next couple of days." Casey continued. "This is what it is like to be famous."

I groaned this is the last thing that my mother wanted. I picked up my phone to place a call to her.

"Katryna," I heard my mother's voice after the third ring. She sounded like she just has been crying.

"You okay mum." I asked concerned. These damn reporters can't have got to Washington yet. "You sound upset."

I heard her take a deep breath over the phone. There was a lot of noise in the background.
"Some man tried to mug me. However some passer-by helped scare him away." She let out a small wail. There were some people in the background offering her comfort.

"You want me to come over?" I checked the time on my phone. "But it should be still light in Washington." I commented.

"I know dear. He did it on a busy side walk. I kept a hold of my purse he got away with nothing." Her voice sounded more firms. "You are fine. You need to concentrate on your career hunny. I am fine just shaken up but fine. I am waiting for your sister and new boyfriend to collect me from the local café that we all use to go to."