Chapter 43

Uploaded on 19-02-2016

Edited 31/12/17

Ashley rushed off before I could corner him about what he said. I was guided out the room by Viviane.

I rubbed my belly feeling scared, "What is happening?"

We walked back to the living area. "We have notified the police of the intrusion. They will be sending a detective over with a team of forensics."

I sat down on the plush cushion. "I can't believe that someone wanted to do this."

Viv shook her head. "Neither can I." She took her blackberry out of her pocket. "This is what I always dreaded. I have my assistant begin to work on a statement for the press just in case they get wind of this."

"What is going on?" Casey ran into the room bags of shopping dropping to her feet. "I saw the police on my way in here."

Viviane motioned for her to sit down. She waved a maid over. "Get her a drink please." She looked about the room. "I wonder where Alfred is."

A uniformed policer officer came into the room alongside a man in a cheap suit.

The man stood in front of us looking at us directly before fixing his eyes on Ashley's mother. "I am Detective Bodega." He paused taking a seat. "I am here to try and establish who has created survilance in your home Mrs Wentworth."

Vivanne took a drink that the maid offered her. "I remember you from a couple of years ago. You were the lead on the case of the suspicious death of our maid a couple of years ago."

He nodded, showing his pearly whites. "Yes. I am glad that you remembered." He crossed his legs taking out his note pad.

"I don't think that you are right for this case." Viv took a sip of her drink leaning back in the chair observing the police officer. "You thought that we killed the maid. Before it was ruled accidentle death."

"I believed the autopsy. I can remain impartial and try and find the culprit." He began to write on this note pad. "I just need to ask you some questions. Do you have any knowledge of anyone that can benefit from doing this?"

Vivanne shook her head. "The only thing I can think of is business but we don't deal with business here. It will be best to bug the office."

I shook my head, wanting to say something about Brandon, Vivanne gave me a stern look not to say anything.

"Is there something that you wanted to say?" The detective asked me noticing the unspoken look between us.

I stood up. "As you can see I am pregnant. This just makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. So I am going for a lay down."

Casey stood up. "Do you want me to come with?"

I kissed her on the cheek. "I can make my own way to my rooms."

I could feel the officer keeping an eye on me as I left the room. I walked to Ashley room since we are married we have been staying in his room. My old room has been made into a nursey in preparation for the baby arrival.

I opened the door to the bedroom. The room was quiet, Ashley was not in the room. I pressed the button granting me access to his hidden room.

I gasped as I entered. Ashley was stood there with his shirt off and a riding crop in his hand. Brandon was chained from the ceiling wearing nothing but boxers.

Alfred stood aloof to the side of the room. His eyes shifted over to me only for a moment.

"Who are you working for?" Ashley asked.