Chapter 17

Chapter 17

My mouth was wide with 'O', shock at the scene that unfolded before me. I could not believe that Donny behaved in this caveman way. So what if it looks like that I have moved on from him. He was cheating on me with another woman. My fucking flat mate to be precise.

"How the hell did you manage to bag yourself a Wentworth?" Lexi said to me amazed. I saw her eyes raking me up and down.

"Shut up Lexi." I sneered at her. Just like her to be looking at money in this situation.

I felt my shoulder being bumped as three men rushed passed me on to the patio in the direction that Ashley and Donny went. The murmurs around the room was getting louder this time people were not being so discrete as they were pointing in our direction.

Casey took my hand. "Come on let's see what the hell is going on." Her face was split with a smile. Her blue eyes so much like her brother twinkling in excitement.

We walked as fast as we could with these ridiculous heels on. I stumbled a couple of steps as my heels were sinking in to the ground. The soil felt moist in the LA heat. It was then that I noticed that they had sprinklers inserted in the ground. I gave a silent huff. Just like the rich to have money to waste on water.

"You guys are not going anywhere without me." Lexi announced when she tried to loop her arms through mine.

I shrugged the bitch off, keeping a tighter grip on Casey. "Get your own support."

It only took us a moment to get to the end of the garden where there was a small clearing. I could make out around five silhouettes in a semi-circle.

The two shadows at the end  ran towards each other to wrestle on the ground. As we got closer we could see that Donny was over Ashley trying to throw a punch to his face. Ashley turned his head to the side then locked legs around Donny's waist to flip him back on the ground. Ashley raised his fist to punch Donny square in the jaw and then the stomach.

Donny groaned in pain.

"What are you doing?" Lexi screeched waving her arms frantically. "Stop them." She gestured to the two men on the floor. The three men standing by interfered breaking up the match before it could turn deadly.

Two men had to haul Ashley off Donny. Whilst the third man picked Donny up from the floor then tried to restrain him as he tried to land a kick in Ashley groin. I gave a grimace at the near miss. Knowing how big the Wentworth crown jewels actually was. It is a shame to see them shrivel up.

Lexi hobbled over to Donny latching onto his arm, in some sort of way to offer him comfort. Donny did not even seem to notice her presence as his eyes were aggressively attached to Ashley who was smirking at him.

I had to admit to myself Ashley looked decisively handsome at that moment. His dark hair hanging among his forehead with little dirt specs around his face. At that moment he looked unstoppable. There was a rage that was burning in his eyes. For a moment I felt absolute terror afraid not for myself but what he would have done to Donny have not these other men intervened. I think murder would have been the first option.

"Calm down." Lexi tried to frame his face so that he could focus on her.

Instead he kept fighting against the man that was holding him back. "She was mine!" Donny shouted. "You always wanted what I have. You will not have her."

"She was never yours to claim Sutherland." Came Ashley hoarse reply. He shrugged off the two men holding his forearms showing them that he was back in control of himself. "The fact you made clear when you kept sleeping with Alexandria."