Chapter Thirty Two

Uploaded 12/05/2015
Edited 9/12/16

Chapter 32

"We cannot leave the party just now to go to the room kitty Kat." Ashley placed a kiss on my brow holding me closer to him. "Later tonight you shall be mine."

I gave a fake smile as I realised that a lot of people were watching our altercation, I even saw a cameraman in the corner taking pictures.

"We need to talk." I said through gritted teeth. It is about time that the whole truth should be coming out.

He looked down at me confused. I could see a range of emotions rolling through his dark head. "Not now but later. We have a party to attend."

I gave him one last stern look before taking his offered hand to rejoin the party.

"I was wondering where the happy couple went too." Ashley mother came towards us offering me air kisses. "It is understood that Casey has introduced you to the immediate family?"

I nodded my head at her. "Yeah. I did not know you had so many."

My family was not as large as their was. Then again it only includes my mother and her relations.

"I have seen your mother and sister they are so lovely. But let me introduce you to this man. Ashley's godfather, he been like a grandfather to me." She explained taking my hand leading me to the man in the wheelchair that Alyssa was making fun of earlier.

"Charles, this is Katryna." She introduced.

I bent down to offer the man a hug. He looked to be in his late eights, dressed nicely in a black suit. He squinted at me through his spectacles.

"Come closer my child so that I can see you." He beckoned me with a crook of his finger. Even that looked wrinkly.

He moved his hands up to frame my face touching it as if he was a blind man. "Ah..." He smiled showing a full set of teeth. They looked too white I bet they were dentures. "I could see why my godsons would favour you. You are beautiful."

Ashley mum Vivian linked her arms through mine. "Isn't she just."

"Where is it that you are from?" He asked me. "You would need to speak up because my hearing is not what it once was."

"I am from DC!" I shouted in his left ear into his hearing aid.

He nodded signalling that he heard. "I haven't been to Iceland before."

I shook my head. "DC!"

He looked at me confused.

"Washington." I said instead he was probably better at hearing longer words.

"You want to wash what?" He looked at me as I was the crazy one. "I said where you're from young lady."

Vivian laughed. "She from the capital."

He nodded with understanding. "Ahh DC. Why didn't you say?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "The thought never crossed my mind."

"My son use to live in DC." Charles said. "Do you have family there?"

"Yeah." I answered. He seemed pretty friendly. "My mother lives there. She is here now." I looked across the ball room for her.