Chapter Thirty

Uploaded 21/04/2015
Edited on 7/12/16

Chapter 30

Ashley had his back turned to me. I could see that his head was bowed. I shifted closer to the edge of the bed. His shoulders appeared tense, after a couple of moments observing him I could see him almost shaking.

I did not know bringing that woman's name up would cause such a problem. I thought back to what Donny said about me asking him about Michelle.

Did he punch Donny because he was fed up of him chasing me or punch him because he mentioned Michelle?

I placed my feet on the floor wanting to go to him, however something held me back. I could see that he was struggling with an internal battle inside himself.

I took a deep breath in. "Who is this person?" I asked again. She must be someone important. "If you will not tell me I might as well ask Donny."

I stood up intent on crossing the room. If he wants to stay in here by himself and not tell me what I need to know then so be it. My hand stilled on the door knob.

"Michelle." Ashley walked to his drinks cabinet to pour himself a finger of whiskey then added two ice cubes. He held the bottle in the air silently asking me if I wanted one. I shook my head. He took a small sip tilting his head back to savour the taste. "Michelle is the woman that made me the beast."

He strode to his armchair sitting down staring into space. I moved from the door to sit on the sofa my body facing towards him silently begging him to continue.

He took another sip of his whiskey the ice cubes clinking against the glass when he raised it to his plumped lips.

"Michelle understood me. She shared my passions." The corner of his lips lifted up into half a smile as if he was remembering a pleasant memory. "I was as one would say naïve. I have been pampered all my life so I took everything that was dealt to me at face value."

My hand covered his on the arm chair. "Who is she?" I cocked my head to the side. I gathered that she must be his lover.

"She was my world." Ashley said it so nonchalantly like it was a matter of fact. "She was my heart."

He looked to me, his blue eyes misty like he was finally noticing who he was talking too.

"Michelle was Michelle." He finished the rest of his drink in one gulp. "You've got what you wanted." He stood up looking at me as if I was the villain walking out the room.

It took me a moment to come to my senses. I stopped him in the corridor.

"What happened to Michelle?" If he loved her so much why is he not with her?

"That is a question no one knows." He strode purposely from me.

I wanted to run away him to soothe his hurt. Beg him for forgiveness for me bringing up a sore subject of his past love.

I kicked out into the air, fighting with an invisible force. "Arr... Fuck Donny!" I screamed to no one but myself. Why did he have to put that thought in my head?

I don't even know why I asked him. The thought just popped up in my head. I walked back to my room to fall face first on the bed. I groaned in my bed sheets.

I don't know what this situation with me and Ashley is but I do want it to continue we have this sort of link to each other.

I flipped onto my back reaching of my cell phone. I haven't talked to Nova in ages. Since she gone to France I felt like we have drifted apart.