Chapter 10🌸 Hero's Week Off

Filler chapter~

Shouto woke up at a late hour. He had gotten a little hungry for some odd reason. He heads for the kitchen, carefully making his way down the hall so he wouldn't disturb his sister and parents sleeping. He also didn't want any of them waking up and bothering him. Well, he wouldn't mind if Fuyumi woke up. But she was a morning person and she loved to talk in the morning.

Now in the kitchen, Shouto opens the refrigerator to look for something to snack on. He spots the bowl of strawberries Katsuki had washed previously. He grabs the glass bowl and a container of homemade whipped cream.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Shouto felt his entire body freeze. The hairs on his arms and neck stood up in alert. His inner omega told him to run away and hide in his room. Away from the dominant alpha that was known as his father. But Shouto wasn't going to allow his omega to win because it was afraid. Even if it did save him on many occasions.

"I asked you a question."

Shouto turns around to look at the redhead man. "I'm just grabbing a snack. Is that a crime?"

The flame hero glares at him. It felt like those cold blue eyes were piercing into his soul. "No", he speaks up in a rough tone. "It isn't. I'll allow the smartass comment. But don't think I will next time."

Shouto nods his head, but he doesn't say a word. Enji doesn't look for his son to say anything back. He makes his way over to the abandoned refrigerator and opens it. Shouto didn't know why, but he had the nerve to talk to his father. "Um, are you getting ready for work early? Or is this when you leave for work?"

"Why do you wanna know", Enji asks as he grabs a bottled water.

"Just curious."

"...today's my off week."

Shouto was stunned by this. He knew that Enji refused to take off days from work. Let alone a whole week off. And even when he was having an off day, the agency would call him in and he'd eagerly leave his family behind. Shouto hoped that it'd be the case today or sometime this week.

"I've never known you to take a week off", Shouto mumbles.

"It wasn't my damn idea. My own fucking subordinates said I need it. Hopefully they don't make my agency go to shits."

Shouto giggles, but he quickly shuts up when Enji looks in his direction. "I-I'm gonna head back to my room."

"Hm."

Shouto scurries off in the direction of the stairs and down the hall to his bedroom. He closes and locks the door. He sets his snack on his bedside table and hops into bed. Shouto also grabs for his phone and starts messaging Yuuga. The half and half boy figured the other omega was asleep right now, and Yuuga was all about his beauty sleep. But he just wanted someone to talk to. Even if it was just for a minute.

Hey

Are you awake? If not then that's ok. I'm sorry to bother

    It took a minute or two for a message to come through. But then it did, and it made Shouto happy.

Glitter Queen✨💛: I am now

Glitter Queen✨💛: For you to be texting me at such an ungodly hour this must be very important