⊰Epilogue⊱

💫

Acacia - Age 39/Marcus - Age 31

"No fair! Dot!" Edith calls after her sister, watching as Lauralyn and Dot race off across the grounds toward the oak tree.

Lailoken chuckles as I glance up from sitting on the grass, his lips meeting with mine before he hands me a cup of hot chocolate. He murmurs, "What are they up to this time?"

"Edith believes she's five going on thirteen," I giggle as I watch Taron and I's daughter chase after Dot.

Lauralyn squeals with laughter when Marcus comes out of nowhere, blocking her path as his mate, Riklynn, heads off Dot. My true born hybrid daughter doesn't need her strength, her wit taking her further as she simply backflips right over Edith as she comes scurrying after them.

"HEY!" Edith yells, but Dot giggles and quickly turns around before scooping her up into her arms. She tickles Edith as they fall together onto the grass, seeing the way they all come together to include Edith in everything they do.

Taron stands by the oak tree, watching them all very carefully while Rian comes to sit next to me. As he wraps his arm around me, his other touching my belly...I feel him kick again. The unborn child that will soon join this world and his sisters...I hope he's ready.

Lailoken eases himself down next to me, his gaze flickering from the group before he taps on the tablet he holds in his hands. Rian asks him while arching a brow, "What have you been doing these past few years?"

"History," he hardly lifts his gaze, though he does offer me a side glance before stating, "one can only learn from history in hopes it doesn't repeat itself."

"Though, isn't ignorance bliss?" Dad is the one to speak and he and Sebastian walk up behind the three of us.

Lailoken replies back shortly, "Not if the course stays on its path."

Furrowing my brows, I nod my head and ask, "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

Lailoken nods his head before he helps me to my feet, Rian wandering off toward Taron as Dot's eighteenth birthday celebration is tonight. When Lailoken and I are far enough away from others, I turn to him and ask, "What are you really doing?"

"You don't want to leave anything up to chance," he uses my words against me, for a second later he states, "you told me once before that you saw a world in which fate hadn't been tampered with..."

"Yes," I reply, seeing out of the corner of my eye, Grandpa Keir and Grandma Laura walking toward dad.

Lailoken nods and replies, "If given a chance to change it...would you not want to?"

"I can't change anything," I tell him, reminding him that I no longer possess visions since the day I brought Grandma Laura back.

"No..." his voice trails off, but he glances toward Dot. I follow his gaze and I've seen it too...through the ties and bonds I see so easily after awakening my true self...her soul is like Lailoken's and mine...but it hasn't awakened yet, it's dormant.

Magic.

That's the only thing that's come easy for her and bleeds through even when she's not controlling it. It's dark in nature, just like mine, but she never uses it against another with malicious intent.

"You put so much faith in her," I remind him, knowing it's not a good thing to put something on another...he never does it directly to her, but I know he's preparing something. I've also been preparing...

...since the day I released Aeon's extension from dad, I know it's not the end...I just don't know what to expect and when.

I gave that up for...