⊰62⊱

Fan cover created by @Jaskeert

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

Etain's eyes hold mine as she says, "I'm not going to be like everyone else and tell you I'm sorry you're hurt," she pauses a moment to shake her head and reiterate, "don't get me wrong, I am, but saying it over and over again isn't going to make the pain go away," when I say nothing she states, "I know you're hurt, but tell me what you feel...not how you feel."

I feel cold, my body stationing in a numbing state. When I reply to her, I'm quiet and say, "I feel fear, uncertainty...I feel like a part of me is no longer there..."

She nods and continues, "Do you feel anger to those who hurt you?"

"Yes...and also no...I feel anger for allowing myself to believe someone can be taken at face value," at these words, tears form in my eyes once again.

I never thought...Ciarán...

He'd ever do something like that...

Etain arches a brow and asks, "So it was those close to you, wasn't it?"

I avert my eyes from her, not knowing how trustworthy she is. Though she saved my life, she's Dante's niece and carries the same bloodline of which Ciarán does...

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I bring my gaze back to hers to see her shrugging as if it doesn't matter to her, though she reminds me, "just know that I'll listen if you do."

"My word means nothing," my voice is even quieter this time around.

Etain shakes her head and asks, "Dare I ask why your parents wouldn't believe you?"

"They've called me a liar in the past because my blood memories couldn't back up what I was telling them," it hurts when I explain this, because I shouldn't even have to in the first place.

"You've been marked; you know that, right?" Etain's eyes flash with something when I mention the blood memories, a small front from her wolf coming forward.

Shaking my head, I reply, "I was bitten several times-"

"One remains," she arches a brow. After she pauses a moment, rising from her chair she notes, "So here's the question, did this vampire choice mark you as their beloved?" My heart skips a beat at this, but she then continues with, "Or...are you dormant?"

Did Mercury...

...why?

Etain puts the chair away and nods, "Until the answer to that question comes to light, it's going to be hard for you."

"Why?" My voice is on edge.

She returns with, "Well...you'll feel the one-sided bond pull even greater as time goes on...considering the one who did this to you raped you, they took away your consent on both parts, so I'm sure you don't want to develop feelings for them. It's unavoidable sad to say, and even if you're dormant and the individual is your beloved...they force marked and raped you...not someone you would want to claim in return even if you were able to."