⊰35⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 14

Meliorist Sanctum

"Acacia...have you seen her?" Bryant's voice carriers lowly on the second level of the library, my heart skipping a beat the second I register it's him.

Exams had concluded yesterday, waiting for results today and the end of the year ball will commence tomorrow.

I'm hiding.

I'm hiding from everyone except Sinéad and Fae.

Sitting on the floor between two aisles of bookshelves, I lift my gaze from the book I have propped up against my thighs. Looking up at the top of the bookshelf across from me, I see Fae lift from the spot she is sitting on; looking out over the bookshelf I am leaning back against. A few seconds later, her wings carry her into the air as she flutters in one spot.

Sinéad replies, "No."

She's short with him as I don't want to drag anyone else into this and after what happened just a little while back, I don't want Bryant to be Mercury's next victim. Sinéad is sitting at our regular study table, working on a drawing she'd been sketching for the past few weeks, and with exams over, she has time to relax a bit.

Bryant is quiet for a few moments before he asks, "Are you su-"

"Look, yes...I have seen her, and if she's avoiding you, then I think you should leave her alone instead of following after her like a lost puppy dog," Sinéad is a lot harsher this time and the way she speaks even gets under my skin.

I know she's trying to be protective.

After all...

...Sinéad was the one to hold me that entire night after I came home.

"I know her scent," Bryant releases a sigh and states, "it was merely a formality of me asking you...however," he pauses a moment while calling down the walkway to where I'm sitting, "please help me understand...Acacia."

Fae glances down at me as I close the book against my thighs. Slowly, I stand to my feet and move back toward the room where Nimue had shown herself and help me understand a small fraction of myself. I catch sight of him out of the corner of my eye, turning my back away and heading through the door before closing it behind me.

No one can do anything.

I hear a louder noise outside the walkway, and a few moments after I sit down at the desk, Bryant comes through the door while Sinéad is attempting to pull him away. He shrugs her off, closing the door and locking it behind him.

I don't look at him, staring off as he slowly moves away from the door while Sinéad continues to knock on it. Bryant stands across from me on the other side of the desk, my heart dropping when he asks, "Why won't you talk to me?"

"You're not the first person, and you won't be the last to ask me that question," my eyes remain fixated on his chest as I don't want to look up only to see his wolf also.

"Please help me underst-"

Hardly flinching I reply while cutting him off, "There's nothing to understand..." my voice trails off before I slowly lift my chin as I know I can't keep avoiding him. I'm fighting back the tears, especially when it's his golden irises I linger my gaze on.

Bryant walks around the side of the desk, coming to my side before he slowly kneels down on the floor next to me. He takes both of my hands in his and says, "Please...please let me in and tell me what's happening."