⊰36⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 14

Meliorist Sanctum

"Why is he here?" I can't stop myself from blurting out as I glare at my grandpa. How dare he...after everything that happened, what logical reasoning did he go through to come to this ridiculous conclusion?

"Acacia," I hear that note in Grandpa Keir's voice, though I look to where my parents are standing and my dad nods. He had already received permission for this encounter, and that's making me a bit more angry that I'm the last to know anything...especially when it involves me personally.

Grandpa Keir motions for me to come closer so that I don't draw any more attention from a few who flicker their gaze toward us. Bryant walks with me, the two of us moving toward one of the side walls before coming to a halt a few feet in front of the both of them.

It's been almost two years...

I guard myself, wrapping my arms around myself while my gaze first flickers briefly from Taron to then land on Grandpa Keir. He begins to tell me, "I'm losing my granddaughter...because of the misunderstanding, I don't want you to feel like you're no longer welcome to spend time with us."

Misunderstanding.

Mistake.

Accident.

It's all the same thing.

When I say nothing in return, my heart beating fast as I have so many mixed emotions, Bryant gives me strength. I don't feel as alone when he wraps his arm around my lower back, feeling him draw me closer to his body, feeling the security and strength radiating from him. Taron tenses at his actions, my grandpa also noticing the subtle movements, though he doesn't call it out.

Instead, Grandpa Keir states, "I brought Taron with me at the discretion of Alpha Chris as well because we both feel that he owes you an apology. He's here to mend the broken bond you have between my pack as the note we left everything on is begrudging, and I can't stand you feeling unsure of where you feel safe."

My eyes leave my grandpa as I slowly bring them to meet with Taron's. He holds my gaze, seeing the way he's gradually changing especially when he speaks. His voice is more profound, yet familiar when he states, "I'm deeply sorry that my reckless actions brought you to distance yourself from your second family. I understand many love and cherish you like you truly are tied to the Silent Stars Pack, and I humbly extend my sincerity when I ask you if there's any way we can come to a cordial relation."

Who are you?

Because...you are not the Taron I grew to know.

The way he speaks...he's changed a lot.

I nod with apprehension, not wanting to speak because I know my voice is going to betray the way I still feel toward him. He may have cut ties with me...but my feelings remain the same, and because of this, I can't honestly accept what he's asking of me. I'll stay with my parents for the summer.

To disrupt the growing silence, Grandpa Keir acknowledges toward Bryant, "You look rather familiar...have we met?"

Bryant replies, "I've seen you before when I was younger," he pauses a moment before telling him, "my father is Bryson Church of the Primordial Snare Pack."

Taron's nostrils flare momentarily before he mutters, "Of course you're his son..."

Grandpa Keir puts an end to this immediately by saying, "I understand very well about the conflict between the Crusaders Pack and the Primordial Snare Pack," he pauses while glancing between Taron and Bryant before finishing, "you are not your fathers, and perhaps you can start acting the way alphas should when seeking out a peace treaty."