⊰74⊱

The Mature Version of Chapter 74 can be found in Transgression: Private Chapters which is on my profile. I have quite a few works, so you may need to scroll through to find it.

The Mature Version involves rape and incest.

If you are easily triggered by this subject, just read Chapter 74 here.

The beginning of Chapter 75 will hint at the overview without going into detail, so you are not missing any important story information by opting out of this chapter.

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 17

Meliorist Sanctum

I kept to myself, hating every bit of senior year...the only thing that never slipped was my grades.

I know I'm stressed...

...because I haven't gotten my period and I've lost track of the days it should have come.

Despite everything else whirling around me, doing my work to the best of my ability was something I could control, and I didn't want to lose the last thing I had. Spending time in the library day in and day out after and in between classes became my escape from everything else. When I was in the library, I was left alone. Mercury, Cypher, Ryser, and Ciarán never set foot in the building...even when they saw me entering it, they never once followed.

I tried to reach out to my friends, I did...

Sinéad had her swimming competition, and I slipped into the indoor swimming area, sitting on one of the lower benches off to the side. So many cheered for her, and when she came out on top for each of her races, I was proud of her...though she had nothing to say to me after the competition. She hardly recognized my very existence and instead, ignored me...

Even when I went to see Fae at the faeries new rendition of the grove, revealing what they'd done and making it an awe-inspiring place to be in, she also didn't care to converse with me.

I'd slowly pulled away from the chess club because if my friends didn't want to be around me, there was no point me even being there. They were better off without me, believing I lied, abandoned and anything else I did toward them...they didn't want to listen to me.

Today is the day I'm officially leaving the chess club.

Walking the pathway toward the building on Friday evening, I'm in front of the door while I can hear others talking behind it. Going about their regular meetings and having fun, I'm the one who almost causes the room to set into a dead silence the second I walk through that door. It's very quiet as their eyes trail onto me. It's the end of the meeting because only Sinéad, Fae and Rian are the last remaining and I catch Rian stopping halfway toward one of the tables as he sets aside a chessboard.

I usually came before everyone else, unlocking the door and leaving and then coming back as everyone went, locking up behind them. There was hardly any interaction...until now.

I say nothing, walking to the front table while averting my eyes from them all, taking the key from my pocket and setting it on the table top. Breathing out, I tell them all quietly, "I'm done," I pause a moment as I turn away, readying myself to leave before saying, "I'm sorry...for whatever way I hurt you because it's never been my intention to hurt anyone."

As I take a few steps toward the door, I hear Sinéad reply in a sorrowful and angry voice, "You never even bothered to let us know what was happening...to know if you were okay."